3800 Announcement: To those interested in my detailing

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Well, today has not been a good day. I found out that I will be ending my internship next Friday (8/25) due to departmental budget constraints as I thought I could stay until I found a permanent position in HR. However, I do have an interview next week that could land me a permanent position.

But in the event I do not get hired for this position, I will NOT be working anymore starting Monday (8/28). Thus, in order to make up for lost wages, my detailing services would be available!

So, I would like to see if there are people interested in my detailing services. For those of you who don't know me... I can clean up a car like no one else. I can do the engine, exterior, and interior or any combination of the three. I would be available early in the morning until the evening from Tuesday through Friday (maybe Saturdays too). It is easiest if the car comes to me, but I can commute if the travel is close.

Please post if you would be interested... but remember this is only 50/50 right now.

Thanks!

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I would be interested, I was considering taking the car to a guy in Indianapolis to do the detailing, but the closer (plus ur a member, got to help out the fellow members) the better. If you do do all this, then I'm looking for practically a "full blown detail", and you do to it.. lol.

The car: 97.5 Buick Regal GS
Paint Condition: Neglected / Rough / Needs Polishing

Exterior (Jasper Green):
-Wash
-Claybar'ed
-"Buff"
-Remove swirls / some scratches
-Polish
-Seal / Wax

Interior (Tan):
-Carpet cleaned
-Floormats cleaned
-Leather Cleaned / Conditioned
-Dash / Door Panels

If you do end up needing some business, as I said I'm interested. I dont have the patience, nor the hardware to do all this, but I can of course polish and wax it. Too bad its beyond needing just that.

How much would I be looking at if you do indeed need some business?

-Nick

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
My prices are not cheap, but I have yet to get a response less than a "WOW!"

Exterior / Interior = $125.00 (add $25.00 for the engine bay)

I can do additional work for extra.

Exterior includes:

rain-x on all windows
wash
tar removal
clay
machine polish
sealant/wax
wheel wells cleaned
any chrome polished

Interior includes:

windows
vaccum
carpets
vinyl/rubber
leather (if applicable)
door jambs

Engine includes:

degreasing
vinyl/rubber shined/protected

If there is anything else you need, just let me know.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I also detail cars on the side. Mostly just friends, family, and people my dad knows. His prices seem high to some people but you gotta remember the time it takes todo such tasks and realize he is using expensive quality products and its not just some guy at a carwash detailing your car in under a hour with no name brand products.

Good luck Mike.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I do this at my house, not at a shop. It is easier at my house because all of my products/supplies are there. Just ask ViperMike... and he only saw a small portion of my detailing arsenal.

As of now, me detailing depends on whether or not I get hired from my interview next week. Otherwise, if the demand is this high for my work I might just have to detail on Saturdays afterall.

I will surely keep everyone posted on the situation. Thanks. :)

And for those of you who don't know me, I'm located in Palatine (a NW burb, zip code = 60067). However, I am minutes from 53/90/290/355.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Well, my interview went great, but now I must play the waiting game. Until anything is final, I am able to detail again.

Beginning tomorrow (8/29), I am open to detailing anytime from 6AM to 7PM, preferably Monday - Friday (with a possible exception for the weekend).

Please post if you are SERIOUS in having me detail your ride(s). On average, I can do a complete detail (engine, interior, and exterior) in 7 hours. This breaks down to 1 hour for the engine, 2-2.5 hours for the interior, and 3.5-4 hours for the exterior. I can do all three or any combination of the three. I can also provide extra services (i.e. add additional layers of polish/sealant/wax or do a more thorough detailing of the engine bay) for an additional fee. Basically, I can taylor my services to your needs.

All of my products are name brand, top-of-the-line, with no crappy substitutes. It is best to drop off the vehicle, but you are more than welcome to stay and watch as it is difficult to put my entire detailing arsenal into my GP and commute.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to creating some more show car winners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info