3800 where did all drag cars go

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
bored, just wondering what happen to all the drag cars?
at the end of 05 it seemed like everyone was getting real competitive with zooms, matts and scotts all breaking 9s

now this year it seems like everyone got lazy or is taking for ever to build.
intense ran at nationals but broke one and then couldnt get there other one going cause of a few big issues
matt said he ran his a couple times but never improved over last year(just consistantly the same)
has anyone seen zoomers car run this year? what about the TK-WBS drag car?
or intenses bonnie or the few real high end builds that came from stattmas turbo kits
is this the year that everyone said "fuck it whats the point of a running car"
its august not april
im not bitching, just wondering where all these sweet cars are
why do i have a feeling we will hear alot of "well theres always next year" as the seasons end nears closer
no new world records this year at all, i thought this was the year GPs were supposed to get into 8s......i dont see that happening in '06

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Simple...these cars are old news. Why run a 6 year old grand prix, when you can race a 06 Comp G, A cobalt etc.

The amount of money thrown at those drag cars is probably too much now, some vendors have realized. I was fortunate enough to be here a couple years ago and see some of the grudge matches, back when everyone was friends. It was a much better time then, and the constant drama that goes around daily with it is just boring now.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
"Like you said.....it is August. Why would you run a car balls out trying for a record in high heat?"
i didnt mean why arnt they running today. more or less all season it seems
i understand last october is when the 9' sec records started coming into play. you just never hear much about some of these cars anymore.

guess we will see what fall holds

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
The 442 is in pieces and just finishing up the major sheetmetal work...working on a dirt cheep SII 3800 for the front
along with the materials for the turbo on the rear SI 3800...

still need to buy a 4x6ft 3/16 in sheet of alum for the rear firewall top with engine access hatch, this has to be done before we will be track legal...along with a new RR tailight for the battery shutoff switch...
even then we still have tons more to do...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Like you said.....it is August. Why would you run a car balls out trying for a record in high heat? When it costs an average of $500+ for these cars to make ONE pass, why bother racing it when you know it won't be able to perform it's best. Wait till around October, that's when it usually gets fun.

How does it cost $500 for one pass? Whats so expensive about racing those cars?

daytona959

Dec 3, 2008
Well mine's not really a drag car,but i did do some work to it this summer and now it's over at ZZP's for some trans. work and tuning.I'm hopeing the weather will be nice and the first time to the track with the new setup will be Sept. 7 at GLD for slicks only night.Then BOP at Cordova Oct.7 & MGM Oct. 21.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by daytona959@Aug 15 2006, 08:35 PM
Well mine's not really a drag car,but i did do some work to it this summer and now it's over at ZZP's for some trans. work and tuning.I'm hopeing the weather will be nice and the first time to the track with the new setup will be Sept. 7 at GLD for slicks only night.Then BOP at Cordova Oct.7 & MGM Oct. 21.
[snapback]135320[/snapback]​
Can you say 11.50s with a show car B)

You and Merc will have to battle it out this season for the fastest show car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info