3800 First scan

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I did the VE tune, then a little with the MAF. I still have to up the timing, but wanted to be safe at first. Seems like the new IC is doing OK. Will have to bring up the AFR a bit, then get timing up to 20-22 with the 2.6 on. This scan was in 80-85 degree temps with the 2.8 pulley on.
http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=2661

(I removed the boring crusing stuff. A couple of highway flashes, then a WOT from a tollbooth)

And BTW folks...this is on 5 year old gas I emptied out of my motorcycle. I assume it will only get better with a fresh tank of gas!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yes, but you need to raise the BBV a little, or lower the spark at tip-in throttle. With the 3.2 I beefed up the spark around 1500-2000 rpm to liven up the throttle response. With the 3.0 it might be a little much.

It was deplorably hot out when I last scanned that thing. In drier, cooler air it probably has more headroom.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
yeah once your old core was off ron i was able to see all the little improvemnets the new ics have now over the old design, i like the new setup, just missing the nice old color schme on the blower
mikes3, do have the same bogging problems off the line like chad. or is that a cam thing. ron you said there timing cant be touched at idle right?

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by SINr247@Aug 11 2006, 06:28 AM
yeah once your old core was off ron i was able to see all the little improvemnets the new ics have now over the old design, i like the new setup, just missing the nice old color schme on the blower
mikes3, do have the same bogging problems off the line like chad. or is that a cam thing. ron you said there timing cant be touched at idle right?
[snapback]134880[/snapback]​

Ron & Bob,

Heres another thing I forget about. I have to change my aprk plugs. I believe they are gapped around .053-.054 as of right now. Should I keep it around the same gap. I know poeple mention that it should be around .052, but it doesnt look like its hurting anything with my current gap.

As far has the hesitation goes I only get it when I fire up the car. Its not as bad as it was before due to Ron and his magic fingers, but no Not off the line.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by SINr247@Aug 11 2006, 06:28 AM
[snapback]134880[/snapback]​

if hes bogging off the line it has nothing to do with the cam and everything to with what the cam did to the tune.
he needs a VE tune badly if it's doing that or more AE at tip in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list