3800 Fall ILGPC race day??

Which weekend would you prefer if it happens??

• Weekend of October 14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend of October 28

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
A few of us have been planning a fall race day for about a month now. With it being August, fall is approaching fast.

We are planning on holding the race day at US41. We are shooting for the weekend of either October 14 or October 28 since BOP is the weekend of the 7th and rumor has it another event will be the weekend of the 21st. We are not sure if the day itself will be on Saturday or Sunday. That has yet to be determined.

We have talked about it, and decided that we did not want to hold a mod day before the race day. It was a tough decision, but looking at the spring mod day, there were alot of people and some mishaps that occurred that we do not want to be responsible for. (IE street racing, drugs, drinking and driving, underage drinking)

We also will be talking to companies for sponsors and prizes. We have a handful of ideas to throw at them and see who is all interested. More details on that will come in the future.

More details will come as soon as we get the information.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
41 isnt that bad. Its probably 15 minutes further. Plus we have been there before. We were well liked and the track was prepped pretty good. Plus you can get alot of runs in there as well.

There are members that are south of us that also see GLD or Byron as a haul. Ive yet to be at 66, but from what I hear, they do not really care for FWD clubs to come and race there. Just what I heard.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by ltlqueen@Aug 10 2006, 01:12 AM
I find it absolutely amazing that I live with you and have never heard about this!  Amazing... Also, I voted the 14th because you know we're going to have to drag the baby around in her halloween costume to everyone's house that other weekend!
[snapback]134755[/snapback]​

You never asked. :p I just said what I would do at work and who I would talk to to pass the time away. I never said what we talked about. :ph34r: ;)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by GraFFix@Aug 10 2006, 10:26 AM
From what Ive heard Rt66 has insanely strict techs...If your car isnt perfect and all the saftey equipment isnt up to standards you will not run. As well as long pants no shorts, hemlet...etc
[snapback]134779[/snapback]​
for high end cars that are trying to get a nhra license yes they are strict. its the only "real track" for lots of pro racers. they count on professinal prep, not joe one tooth with his pickup truck turned into the track cleaning vehicle,VHT sprayer and porta-john hauler. chad passed tech tho with ease and a hanging bumper and wrong helemt
its not that they dont like FWD, they have 4 sec dragsters there for test and tunes and they bitch if they if they dont get alot of time(50k+ into a drag car deserves more time then the guy with the honda that has a intake)
has anyone contacted 66 or are we all going by the assumption that everyone has had for years about that place. it would better for lots of us not to have to drive 2 hours

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
There are people way south and way north! Its a lose lose situation. If its a raceday event then it sould be worth the trip no matter where its at. I went to Byron for the last race event ILGPC had knowing I wasnt even going to race. Have a poll and everyone will choose a Track. Set a date and then pick the track.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Ok...here the deal...quit complaining about the track. I dont see one other person in this thread who has made an attempt to get this going. I for oone had nothing to do with it either.

I drove 3 hours to the mod day earlier this year. Big deal. Im gonna drive the 2 and half hours to the track at us41, and I know there are people farther than me.

Everyone is always full of great ideas but no one ever acts on them. Rt 66 I dont believe even has sunday test and tunes...let alone the cost of us going there to rent a track out. Yeah sure everyone pitch in.. it wont happen. The poor fool who forks up the cash up front will be SOL. Its happened in the past repeatedly.

If you dont like the track choice...tough. Dont go. It'll give the rest of us more runs in that day cause it'll be less cars.

Ive seen people talking about racing at GLD recently. For me..that a haul. But Id go to see all the GP's run.

Someone has taken the motivation to set something up for a dying club that basically only hangs out in parking lots on friday and saturday nights. Cut out the bs pick a date and lets leave it at that and get it set up.

I give props to Fish and who else is helping him with this. If you need a hand with anything Fish, lemme know Ill do what I can.
and I say the 14th

Originally posted by SINr247+Aug 10 2006, 11:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-GraFFix
@Aug 10 2006, 10:26 AM
From what Ive heard Rt66 has insanely strict techs...If your car isnt perfect and all the saftey equipment isnt up to standards you will not run. As well as long pants no shorts, hemlet...etc
[snapback]134779[/snapback]​
for high end cars that are trying to get a nhra license yes they are strict. its the only "real track" for lots of pro racers. they count on professinal prep, not joe one tooth with his pickup truck turned into the track cleaning vehicle,VHT sprayer and porta-john hauler. chad passed tech tho with ease and a hanging bumper and wrong helemt
its not that they dont like FWD, they have 4 sec dragsters there for test and tunes and they bitch if they if they dont get alot of time(50k+ into a drag car deserves more time then the guy with the honda that has a intake)
has anyone contacted 66 or are we all going by the assumption that everyone has had for years about that place. it would better for lots of us not to have to drive 2 hours
[snapback]134790[/snapback]​
[/b]

sinr nothing says you have to go to 41, you were bitching last year about track prep and 3 of us (maybe more) had gone out and ran personal bests that fall day. I would say its not the track prep as much as the driver error. I dont give a shit if he has 100k into a dragster, if we pay the same amount for test-n-tune as he does we should have equal rights to the track, not oh he spent more so he gets 2x as many runs, that is a bullshit way to run a track. US41 as track has treated us very well in the past and Im sure they will conitinue to do so in the future. And yes if you couldnt tell im another 1 of the people helping to get this together for everyone.

Paul

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
I'm in the northside and will still go to US41 all other tracks is just a big line of cars and only getting 2 or 3 races depending if there isnt another club renting the track for the day. I will shoot over there to hang, cant race the car cause there is issues with it so i dont want it to break. I dont care what date lets just go!!

Thread Info