3800 pem and dp question

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
ok, so i'm getting my ubend deleted and res. reomoved soon and i was wondering what would be the better option for a n/a setup... i've heard that headers can actually have too much flow without a supercharer or more extensive mods (that i don't have money for ... yet) so i was wondering if that applied to the downpipe as well? i'm looking to someday have complete exhaust but for right now i'm on college budget, so i was thinking u-bend, res delete, and possible exhaust manifold porting, and if the price was right i was going to ask about dpw/highflow cat... then i'm getting a borla when i find one cheap enough to justify.

also, anyone know where i could get this done cheap/locally

thanks

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by thesexy99GT@Aug 9 2006, 05:43 PM
ok, so i'm getting my ubend deleted and res. reomoved soon and i was wondering what would be the better option for a n/a setup... i've heard that headers can actually have too much flow without a supercharer or more extensive mods (that i don't have money for ... yet) so i was wondering if that applied to the downpipe as well? i'm looking to someday have complete exhaust but for right now i'm on college budget, so i was thinking u-bend, res delete, and possible exhaust manifold porting, and if the price was right i was going to ask about dpw/highflow cat... then i'm getting a borla when i find one cheap enough to justify.

also, anyone know where i could get this done cheap/locally

thanks
[snapback]134702[/snapback]​
If you are thinking of getting a DP, then don't bother getting the ubend delete done now, just get a DP w/cat and ubend delete all in one. WBS has a 2.5" for $180 and thats bolt in and your done. The 2.5" will be more than enough for ya.
CJ

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
headers come eventually guarenteed.... i'm taking my n/a setup as far as my bank acount will let me... plans are underway for a stroker kit in the far future, i'll be making power with this thing, but since i'm in college, that will not be for a while yet, so i'm trying to buy mods that will bennefit my current setup and not make me redo the mods when i do my engine rebuild

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
dont waste money ona DP them if you are getting headers for sure. just wait save get whats needed. so many of us waste shit loads of money just to changea month later and sell used for half.

dont bother with anything past the u-bend& res. there is no gain opening up the y-back on a N/A. sound gain pretty much only. not worth the cost and makes it look more like a sleeper

storkers are so not worth it. just get some l67 heads and LIM an get a blower
and make a nice setup for about 1500. and you will be right there with everyone else and have high compression. ask your self how many stroker kits are there safely running on the street. zzps has been parked since it was built and ran what it did.
dont bother you will bury yourself with all the hassle and downtime and drivng to zzp
just my .02

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
... it's unique... i like that, everyone accross the forums i'm involved with all tell me to do the same, but i'd like to venture into making one of the fastest/most powerful n/a's in the community, believe me, l67 swap makes a lot more sense, but i like the idea of being different

so what if i got headers, and the 2.5 dp all in one shot?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by thesexy99GT@Aug 9 2006, 06:30 PM
... it's unique... i like that, everyone accross the forums i'm involved with all tell me to do the same, but i'd like to venture into making one of the fastest/most powerful n/a's in the community, believe me, l67 swap makes a lot more sense, but i like the idea of being different

so what if i got headers, and the 2.5 dp all in one shot?
[snapback]134715[/snapback]​
comes with a DP,just get a cat and u-bend delete. and the fastest car will not be beat. its a vendor title that i doubt zoom(vanessa) will want to lose. he has a funds
i think this will be one of those things that you will drop. it takes lots of money and a few of the fast GT guys are still finding ways to go faster. all while tossing less then half the money will get way faster and alot better driveablity

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
which is better recomended... the free weld in dp and buya cat&u-bend delete or upgrade to he bolt in catted dp?
i didn't say i wanted to be THE fastest.. just one of them... i'm still deciding the route i'll end up taking to make my n/a setup, stroker is just one i've been playin around with, apreciate the info highly though, no criticism is taken without thought

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
dont waste money on downpipe with pems if you are going to get headers. I did that and regret it because i just ordered headers for my gtp and now i have to install them. So not only did spend all that money on pems and a downpipe that i will not get ALL of it back by selling them, i have to do the job twice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info