3800 WTB black leather interior

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
looking to swap my shitty GT grey cloth interior in favor of the more show-friendly/theme matched black leather interior for my ride. not looking to break the bank with the swap...
looking for:
all 4 door panels
all 3 seats (anyone know if the firmer grand am seats will work (power) they don't crack as much as our seats do)
center console
rear deck lid (might just recarpet or fiberglass...)
...not sure on the dash yet...
...prob will go new with carpet
... will do custom headliner (no sunroof)

anyone wanna link me to some junkyards around here?

also if anyone knows people with any of these parts that are in good condition let me know... if i can't find the parts then i'll just get custom seats or somethin but i thought this would be an easier solution to try first...
thanks much!

I

imported_GraFFix

Well the shipping part does suck, but you always have the option of picking them up. Ive done it twice...Steph and myself rented a truck and drove to Ohio picked up the interior from Ed's warehouse then drove back that same day. Its a long day but paying 80 bucks for a truck rental is alot better then shipping it all. Especially if your picking up alot of stuff like we did.

Just an idea...

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
always an option, but i'm on college funding, so all of this has to come out of extra money, which is a shame because i'm not very fond of the pattern on the door panels for leather interior... so if anything i'd buy the new panels and pay to get those modified only... then add speakers in the rear doors.... all in good time...

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by thesexy99GT@Aug 9 2006, 02:09 PM
looking to swap my shitty GT grey cloth interior in favor of the more show-friendly/theme matched black leather interior for my ride. not looking to break the bank with the swap...
looking for:
all 4 door panels
all 3 seats (anyone know if the firmer grand am seats will work (power) they don't crack as much as our seats do)
center console

also if anyone knows people with any of these parts that are in good condition let me know... if i can't find the parts then i'll just get custom seats or somethin but i thought this would be an easier solution to try first...
thanks much!
[snapback]134662[/snapback]​

I have to say this.. I had Victory Auto hold some Black leather interior.. they were the only place I found with a 97/03 GP.. I drove all they way there and the let someone cruch the car.. They said they forget about my call.. BUT they offered me some sweet 96 GP seats... :blink:

ever since then I havent seen anything.. ill keep a look out for you... ;)

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Originally posted by thesexy99GT@Aug 9 2006, 02:09 PM
looking for:
all 4 door panels
center console

thanks much!
[snapback]134662[/snapback]​

Well this sounds like what I did and I tell you now it isn't cheap I had everything replaced in my interior all which I bought off Ed Morad two from leather seats I wanted the 2001 loop for the seat belts on the two door and the power lumbar and height adjuster. the center console, a dash, the panels for the rear upper and lower, visors, kick panels, steering wheel, controls, door panels, seat belts, etc. anything I could have yanked out was replaced... I bought new carpet and floor mats.. if your looking stockinteriors.com has it but I ended up tracing my floor mats and sending them to get a perfect fit. I went and had a custom headliner done and the two tone Katzin put in with dual front heat seats. If you want a name for a good installer I have one and he does nice work ... hope this helps

[attachmentid=2889]
my headliner

[attachmentid=2890]
my leather

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
looking good!
if it's not as cheap as i was hoping for, then i guess i'll just have this going as an ongoing project, not a one shot bust like i'd hoped for. in an ideal world i want to find a gtp that i can buy whole with a front end crash and totally fucked out of repair... then steal it's interior, but i'm not in mn with my junkyard connections anymore, so i'll just have to see what i can do down here....
as far as the headliner goes, i'd prob have a custom one made that took out the domelight assembly... i never use it and it's just annoying rattle to me... your headliner looks sick though... much respect.
not a huge fan of katskin's interior for my application, i really want to stealth it out and have my interior all black.
as far as installation goes i feel more than comfterable taking off everything i'd need to, the hardest part would be finding the place and time to do it...well.. and buying the parts

i found a good website if anyone's interested:
car-part.com ... has a bunch of junkyard connections and lists the parts you need to find. GREAT SITE!

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
i'd still need replacement door panels (mine are grey), center console, kick panels, dash, a pillars, b pillars moldings, and i would deffinantly have to get these professionally installed because i know nothing about haupulstery. good suggestion though, if they sold the seat cushions only, that might be a reasonable answer.... i'll send them an e-mail and see if i could put in for a custom order for just seats.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info