3800 Made some changes

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

Finally got it up and running this afternoon. No more black on the SC, and I repainted a few things, and cleaned some others. Ported some stuff better...and oooh, looky what's under the SC now?
upload_44d91e362b267.jpg

I

imported_Ron Vogel

No not yet. I got about a 10 min drive in, so I'm not dropping pulley sizes until it's deemed safe. I'm leaving the 2.8 on there now until the car's dialed in. I put my Lucas 38# injectors back in, so the whole tune's getting redone from scratch. I'd like to have the 2.6 on there tomorrow though.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Aug 8 2006, 09:32 PM
Looks good Ron, why does your blower look so shiny?  Is it paint or did you polish the outside too?
[snapback]134558[/snapback]​
I used paint remover and a wire wheel on it. The snout I had to paint. Got almost all the black and the original powdercoat off it...but then I ran out of paint remover and paitience...so I painted it silver. I'm hoping the SC case will dull down a bit...it's too shiney for me.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, I did the VE and MAF tunes so far. Bear in mind I have 5 year old 100 octance race gas in my tank right now (don't ask) so the new core may not be performing as well as it should.

However; things look real good.

To do the VE tune, you need to disconnect the MAF and turn off PE mode. I was going WOT like this hitting 18-19degrees of timing at 14.7 AFR, and seeing no KR.

I got up to corners plugged in the new VE table, then headed back home to scan the MAF changes. Now the MAF is hooked up, I re-enabled PE mode, but set it to 12.1 AFR over the 11.53 AFR I was running with the ILGPC IC. Same timing, I started getting some KR blips here and there, and got 2 degrees of burst KR punching the throttle at 50ish.

I'm going to knock down the AFR to 11.9, and raise the timing to about 20 degrees. Once the race gas in the car is out, I'll get some fresh 93 in it and put the 2.6" pulley on.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Aug 9 2006, 12:03 AM
Well, I did the VE and MAF tunes so far. Bear in mind I have 5 year old 100 octance race gas in my tank right now (don't ask) so the new core may not be performing as well as it  should.

However; things look real good.

To do the VE tune, you need to disconnect the MAF and turn off PE mode. I was going WOT like this hitting 18-19degrees of timing at 14.7 AFR, and seeing no KR.

I got up to corners plugged in the new VE table, then headed back home to scan the MAF changes. Now the MAF is hooked up, I re-enabled PE mode, but set it to 12.1 AFR over the 11.53 AFR I was running with the ILGPC IC. Same timing, I started getting some KR blips here and there, and got 2 degrees of burst KR punching the throttle at 50ish.

I'm going to knock down the AFR to 11.9, and raise the timing to about 20 degrees. Once the race gas in the car is out, I'll get some fresh 93 in it and put the 2.6" pulley on.
[snapback]134591[/snapback]​

that's not big deal, I've done a VE tune and I've gone WOT to hit the higher portions of the table and I didn't see any kr either and this is with no intercooler.
the majority the the guys on the dhp board don't have any kr when they do WOT runs with PE disabled.
and you did a VE tune that fast? it usually takes a couple weeks to get the VE table completely dialed in so all of your cells are locking within 1.0 +/- ?
I know maf can be done in a couple hours.

I

imported_GraFFix

I just noticed this...how do you have your coil packs mounted? looks like it would be a PITA to change plugs with it in the way. but I kinda like them there also...Did you do that because of your blower belt tensioner thingy?

Anyways looks clean...nice work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info