3800 Indash Engine Coolant Gauge

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
It stopped working this evenig. Normally I keep a good eye on everything. I think it happened when I gunned it passed a SUV. Not flooring it but enough to get around it with some boost. Anyways, that when I think it stopped working. The nedle is now sitting as if the car isn't started. What should I look at? I doubt it has anuthing to do with the t-stat.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by MIKES3@Aug 6 2006, 04:21 PM
It stopped working this evenig. Normally I keep a good eye on everything. I think it happened when I gunned it passed a SUV. Not flooring it but enough to get around it with some boost. Anyways, that when I think it stopped working. The nedle is now sitting as if the car isn't started. What should I look at? I doubt it has anuthing to do with the t-stat.
[snapback]134328[/snapback]​
Sounds like the ect sensor or the gauge itself is bad. Do you have a powertuner or scanner. I would scan and watch the ect on the scanner to see if it reads normal.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I say YES to that one... I have pods... I love them.. Maybe not the one in the middle, but the others are SWEET!!! You and me Mike... Next friday... you going to meet me??? same place, Ill be there about 930/10ish.. sound good... Do you think the gauge not working could have something to do with the IC???

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by MIKES3+Aug 7 2006, 10:07 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tonzcompg04
@Aug 7 2006, 09:59 AM
Mike Ive had that happen to me a few times several miles ago. Never happened again.  Dunno  Some kind of stupid glitch, I wouldnt worry about it.
[snapback]134405[/snapback]​

Tony, How long did it happen for? I'm going on almost a full day.
[snapback]134406[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah It happened for maybe a whole day and a half IIRC. The next time I just turned the car on and off a few times and it corrected itself. wierd huh

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by tonzcompg04+Aug 7 2006, 01:03 PM-->
Originally posted by MIKES3@Aug 7 2006, 10:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-tonzcompg04
@Aug 7 2006, 09:59 AM
Mike Ive had that happen to me a few times several miles ago. Never happened again.  Dunno  Some kind of stupid glitch, I wouldnt worry about it.
[snapback]134405[/snapback]​

Tony, How long did it happen for? I'm going on almost a full day.
[snapback]134406[/snapback]​

Yeah It happened for maybe a whole day and a half IIRC. The next time I just turned the car on and off a few times and it corrected itself. wierd huh
[snapback]134425[/snapback]​
[/b]

Very Weird

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I was going to say ECT sensor as well.....

Sad thing is now a days, all the gauges are pretty much dummy gauges and controled by the computer uless something really goes wrong. The dealers got tired of people coming in and complaining about everyone elses car get 1-2 psi higher oil pressure etc......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info