3800 might need a lawyer...

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I just came back from Union to get my MPS installed... looking at my car for like 5 mins my mekanic told me he couldnt do it... I was like why.. He said that the last person who did a pulley broke my screw in the snout and he couldnt remove it... AND we measured the pulley... IT IS A 3.8... That is B.S. I fucking paid them 50.00 to install my 3.4... they didnt do it... AND they kept my fucking pulley... I have all my receipts.. Im going to the de- Stealership in the morning and letting them look at it... If they back me I will contact the shop and demand they fix the screw and get me a 3.4 Modular pulley... I dont really want them to work on my car anymore at this point.. is there anywhere else I can go.. Bumpin GTP... dont you have a shop... who can take that screw out of the charger... My mekanic said they are going to have to take it off of my car.. is this true... I should not have to pay for anything... I have ALL documentation... and I right here guys.. I think I will need a lawyer... what are your thoughts...

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
it is 1 of to things.. The pulley i bought @ car botque was not a 3.4
Or they never put it on and kept my pulley...

I was talking with mike and he told me I need to measure the lip and then see what the dirrerence is... Is it true that the 3.4 and the 3.8 pulleys are the same size.. that the inner is the only difference???

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by Xtant12@Aug 4 2006, 11:38 PM
it is 1 of to things..  The pulley i bought @ car botque was not a 3.4

I was talking with mike and he told me I need to measure the lip and then see what the dirrerence is... Is it true that the 3.4 and the 3.8 pulleys are the same size.. that the inner is the only difference???
[snapback]134226[/snapback]​

here's pics that i just shot comparing a 3.4" pulley to a 3.8" stock pulley.
The measurment is ID - or inside diameter

obviously the 3.4" pulley is on the left

thepit004ew7.jpg

thepit005uu7.jpg

thepit006xz5.jpg

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Aug 4 2006, 10:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12
@Aug 4 2006, 11:38 PM
it is 1 of to things..  The pulley i bought @ car botque was not a 3.4

[snapback]134226[/snapback]​

here's pics that i just shot comparing a 3.4" pulley to a 3.8" stock pulley.
The measurment is ID - or inside diameter

obviously the 3.4" pulley is on the left

thepit004ew7.jpg

thepit005uu7.jpg

thepit006xz5.jpg

[snapback]134227[/snapback]​
[/b]

THANKS... can you do me a favor.. can you measure them really quick... are they the same size??? do you get what I mean???

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Usually the bolt will come out w/o drilling it. Having noload on it, you need to lightly tap it to take the tension off. Then a small scewdriver to tap the edge of the broken bolt and tap it out. Takes patience, but I've never had one that didn't come out.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Aug 4 2006, 11:27 PM
PS, I wouldn't bother with a lawyer. It'll cost you more than what they charged you. If you need it changed, or just want it checked out I can arrange it.
[snapback]134231[/snapback]​

THANKS RON!!! and congrads again... lets set this up... I want to know what Im in for.. does the charger have to come off??? either way I think I got Ripped.... What would I have to do to get the 3.2 MPS on???

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Aug 4 2006, 11:39 PM
I can't tell you w/o seeing it in person, but at least from experience I can say it's unlikely it needs to come off.
[snapback]134235[/snapback]​

That is very reassuring... Makes me feel better comming from you... Thanks everyone for your help... I was freaking out all day... BUT i still think they kept my pulley... If anyone goes to the grove next week can you bring the 3.4 so I can check...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Xtant12
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list