3800 Guys Im speachless...

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by Xtant12@Aug 4 2006, 03:55 PM
He got a new car last week.. I finally went for a ride in it.. This thing I would have to say will take my car... and it is a SUV... He got a 2006/7 Trail Blazer SS.. what do you know about this truck... I didnt get much out of him.. just it is a V-8.. This thing was fast...
[snapback]134193[/snapback]​
looks sweet!!!!! :smoke:

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by ISPTPR@Aug 5 2006, 04:55 PM
test drove it for the second time yesterday, should be sitting in my garage sometime next week hopefully............cant beat the 0% for 36 months or 3500 in rebates...........

hey fish, I dont think the ss is dod.......I think its only the 5.3......
[snapback]134274[/snapback]​

U selling the Prix? or trading it in?

Originally posted by ISPTPR@Aug 5 2006, 05:55 PM
test drove it for the second time yesterday, should be sitting in my garage sometime next week hopefully............cant beat the 0% for 36 months or 3500 in rebates...........

hey fish, I dont think the ss is dod.......I think its only the 5.3......
[snapback]134274[/snapback]​

Car&Driver Trailblazer SS specs:

Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS
Vehicle type: front-engine, rear- or 4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door wagon
Base price: $33,600-$39,200
Engine type: pushrod 16-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 364 cu in, 5967cc
Power (SAE net): 395 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 400 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Wheelbase: 113.0 in
Length/width/height: 191.8/74.6/67.8 in
Curb weight: 4600-4700 lb
Performance ratings (mfr's est):
Zero to 60 mph: 5.4-5.5 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 13.9-14.0 sec
Projected fuel economy:
EPA city driving: 14-15 mpg
EPA highway driving: 17-19 mpg
=====================================================

yeah it has the LS2 motor like syP and Fish said.
what a sweet truck

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
yeah it has the LS2 motor like syP and Fish said.
what a sweet truck

It is a nice truck, but I dont believe it should be labeled as SS. GM puts SS on everycar these days its really lost its meaning.

Trailblazer SS
Silverado SS
Monte Carlo SS
Malibu SS
Impala SS
Cobalt SS
SSR

SS to me is RWD V8, with high performance and great handling. It might be just me but when I think of a SS I dont think of a SUV or a FWD V6 Malibu or the other 3 FWD cars in this SS lineup. I know the Cobalt has a blower but its still a 4-banger and should not have the same label as a V8 RWD real SS. Maybe GM should realize they cant just make everycar have a SS trim to sell more.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
IT should take a lot more to wear those SS badges....My dads cobalt should not be an SS =(......MY Impala on the other hand is a true SS, V8 LT1 and enough power to give you a nice grin

I think the last true SS's where the 02 Camaro SS and 96 Pala SS. The FWD V6 Monte Carlos, and FWD SC'ed V6 Impalas, Cobalt SS (They even have a N/A version and call it a SS) etc etc etc, are just a joke.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
All the SS cars are either Spercharged or V8s. It doesnt matter if its FWD or not. The impala, monte carlo, trailblazer, and silverado (I think the malibu too) are all V8. And the little spercharged 4-banger can back up the SS title too(not the N/A SS). They gave options for performance on just about all of their cars now. nothing wrong witht hat

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
So the new 303 HP SSs are a joke?? 

Yeah. GM desided they wanted to bring back the V8 Impala, but that made it FWD WTF?

All the SS cars are either Spercharged or V8s. It doesnt matter if its FWD or not. The impala, monte carlo, trailblazer, and silverado (I think the malibu too) are all V8. And the little spercharged 4-banger can back up the SS title too(not the N/A SS). They gave options for performance on just about all of their cars now. nothing wrong witht hat

The 06 Malibu SS has a 3.9 V6. 04-05 the Impala SS was a V6, the 00-05 Monte Carlo SS's were V6's

Super Sport, or SS, is an option package offered by Chevrolet on many of its vehicle lines since 1961. Some of the better-known models to bear the SS badge include the Camaro, Chevelle, El Camino, Impala, and Nova. Originally introduced in 1961 as an appearance package for the Impala, it became a high-performance package in 1966.

Until the Impala SS was brought back in 1994, the Super Sport package was only available on two-door passenger cars. Since then, however, the SS package has been used on a variety of GM vehicles, including pickup trucks, four-door sedans, and front wheel drive cars.

Both historically and today, the Super Sport package has typically included high-performance tires, heavy-duty suspension, and increased power, along with a variety of other performance and appearance upgrades. All SS models have come with "SS" markings.

2006:
Chevrolet Cobalt — 2.0 L supercharged Ecotec LSJ I4
Chevrolet Cobalt — 2.4 L Variable Valve Timing Ecotec LE5 I4
Chevrolet Impala — 5.3 L LS4 V8
Chevrolet Malibu — 3.9 L LZ9 V6
Chevrolet Malibu Maxx — 3.9 L LZ9 V6
Chevrolet Monte Carlo — 5.3 L LS4 V8
Chevrolet Silverado — 6.0 L Vortec Max V8
Chevrolet TrailBlazer — 6.0 L LS2 V8
Chevrolet SSR — 6.0 L LS2 V8

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info