3800 ported blower

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
my buddy works at a mustang speed shop and they port the m112's so I made him give me a porting lesson :blink:

anyways, heres the final product.

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00008-1.jpg

I origionally didn't port anything, I just polished the edges but after that I got a bit more basly and started removing material. the blowers case is a little scratched on the inside but you can hardly feel it with your finger and this is to be expected from a blower with 140k on it.

think I'll see some good gains?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by xierxior@Aug 4 2006, 08:49 PM
what the hell, almost 50 views and one reply yet I'm just sure if I posted about wether a FWI or CAI is better I'd have 32423432948723 replies. *shakes head*
[snapback]134218[/snapback]​

Id go with a 9 inch cone. :ph34r:

Not bad for home port. From what I read on clubgp, it is a bad thing to open up those smaller baffles. IIRC they can cause the boost to drop.

Also, the scoring on the inside of the case can cause turbulance and have negative effects as well IIRC.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Fish+Aug 4 2006, 10:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Aug 4 2006, 08:49 PM
what the hell, almost 50 views and one reply yet I'm just sure if I posted about wether a FWI or CAI is better I'd have 32423432948723 replies. *shakes head*
[snapback]134218[/snapback]​

Id go with a 9 inch cone. :ph34r:

Not bad for home port. From what I read on clubgp, it is a bad thing to open up those smaller baffles. IIRC they can cause the boost to drop.

Also, the scoring on the inside of the case can cause turbulance and have negative effects as well IIRC.
[snapback]134222[/snapback]​
[/b]

well theres not much I can do about the scoring and the baffles haven't been opened up at all ;) well I lied, I think I cleaned like two small casting defects off of the baffles but that's it.

if it doesn't produce good gains it gets the dremel again :ph34r:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Routers rule for home ported blowers...you should see mine. You should ge rid of those nubs for the bolts completely.That looks very similar to my first one. You may gain a little, but there are a few things you need to do to complete the job. My blower is off the car right now if you want to swing by and check out some tricks.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Aug 4 2006, 11:21 PM
Routers rule for home ported blowers...you should see mine. You should ge rid of those nubs for the bolts completely.That looks very similar to my first one. You may gain a little, but there are a few things you need to do to complete the job. My blower is off the car right now if you want to swing by and check out some tricks.
[snapback]134229[/snapback]​

could you post some pictures or try to explain a little bit? what am I missing exactly? I would take you up on that offer but when I took my blower off I damaged the nylon lines so I'm waiting on replacments.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Ported with a router...using a wood bit no less. I epoxied the gouge maks, then smoothed them out, and polished the metal before I was done, this pic was pre epoxy. There are a few on ClubGP now that have had good success with this.
upload_44d43996deebf.jpg

I don't want to go into too much detail on the net. There are a few things that the "big" SC porter in our market neglets to do on their blowers...and they troll here.

There are ways to extract more out of them.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Aug 5 2006, 01:23 AM
Ported with a router...using a wood bit no less. I epoxied the gouge maks, then smoothed them out, and polished the metal before I was done, this pic was pre epoxy. There are a few on ClubGP now that have had good success with this.
upload_44d43996deebf.jpg

I don't want to go into too much detail on the net. There are a few things that the "big" SC porter in our market neglets to do on their blowers...and they troll here.

There are ways to extract more out of them.
[snapback]134244[/snapback]​

thanks, I don't have the hardware to get the entire buttom of my blower shinny like that but I'll atleast remove the rest of thos bolt divets and see where I'm at.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info