3800 Poor Performance at 93MPH

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
I was heading home from having dinner at my moms on the south side of Naperville and was heading north on Naper-Plainfield Rd when a 4dr silver M3 pulled up next to me, i could see two young hs boys up front with two girls in back, the light was still red and I figured, what the heck... thing is, I didn't realize it was an M3 til after about 85mph... where he started gaining on me and eventually passed me! Including a second pass by me with his hazzards on to enjoy the victory... whatever! When the light turned green, my car lost traction right off the bat and starting sliding towards him, I let off... got up to about 25mph, and punched it again, same thing... started to lose traction... it's only when I finally got up to about 55mph that traction seemed fine... I dunno know though, I'm sure the kids are all happy and full of glory beating a GTP in rainy weather, but if it were dry out, would I have had better odds?

My car did it again!! at about 93MPH, the car coughs literally and wont allow me to continue going faster... so I had to let off... this is the 2ND time I've had this happen and it's driving me nuts!! I have the DHP PCM installed, does anyone know of any issues that sound like this in particular? I'm not sure how I can go into the dealership and say "Hi, I'm having this issue at 93MPH..." without raising some eyebrows, you know? Any ideas?

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
I've had my GTP *ahem* well over 98MPH with my DHP except mine seemingly wont do the 35-40mph 1st gear downshift or accept perf. shift :angry:
ZZP has brushed me off about this issue.

- Mike, did you have your pcm caselearned after you installed it?

I think the stealership flashed my pcm when i got my new tranny installed; contrary to what the tech personally told me about not flashing it for me.

This whole situation is such a pain i think i'm gonna just buy another DHP V1.0 from The WBody Store and hope for the best.

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Originally posted by Mike K@Aug 2 2006, 10:18 PM
Catilyst overheat protection.  There is a way to shut it off or lower it's threshold however I don't remember how to do either.
[snapback]134028[/snapback]​

is that what it could be? if so, anyone with a powertuner could turn that down?

An annonymous call to the dealership tonight at 11PM suggested if the rev-limiter was engaging? anybody?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info