3800 Makes me cry...

Well the car is beautiful no more. Got in an accident last night and about every panal on the drivers side of my car has damage and both rims are ruined. My door wont shut all the way there is a nice gap and the metal from my front fender catches my badly dented door every time, the sound of metal is just painful. All from a Hyundai Elantra who knew such a little car could cause so much damage. At least I didnt get a ticket eventhough it was more my fault... Anyone know some good body shops and their hours in the aurora, oswego, naperville area?? I need to get quotes on Monday. Thanks for any help I greatly appreciate it. Im going to go crawl back into my dark hole now and wait for it all to be over. I am still wishing it was all just a dream. Thanks everyone...

I'm in the same boat as you - maybe a bit less damage :(

crashhh8.jpg

crash2si8.jpg

I hit a dude in a 5 series BMW from Naperville on I55. . .

If Vipermike wasn't so far away i'd see his dads bodyshop

**does anyone have a spare passenger side fender for sale? **

~Mike

Im okay physically, emotionally I am a wreck because I love my car and it is hurting right now. I need to get quotes so I can get it fixed. I have full coverage so everything will get fixed. My poor car... Like I said before anyone have any good body shops for me to take my car too? I am sorry to hear about your accident Mike. I hope you can get it fixed soon. Thanks for the sympathy everyone. Keep the ideas coming...

Morgan

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Well the car is beautiful no more. Got in an accident last night and about every panal on the drivers side of my car has damage and both rims are ruined. My door wont shut all the way there is a nice gap and the metal from my front fender catches my badly dented door every time, the sound of metal is just painful. All from a Hyundai Elantra who knew such a little car could cause so much damage. At least I didnt get a ticket eventhough it was more my fault... Anyone know some good body shops and their hours in the aurora, oswego, naperville area?? I need to get quotes on Monday. Thanks for any help I greatly appreciate it. Im going to go crawl back into my dark hole now and wait for it all to be over. I am still wishing it was all just a dream. Thanks everyone...

I'm in the same boat as you - maybe a bit less damage

Damn, that sucks you guys. Mike, actually my dads shop is 35 min from your house. (29 miles) It isnt too far. Morgan, the shop is 30 min from Napperville. If you guys want I can maybe get your cars in next week or the week after that. The shops REALLY busy right now.

You Got PM

lol, did you PM him the name of your bodyshop who does extreamly cheap work? I question there quality of work and materials.

Originally posted by vipermike2002@Jul 30 2006, 08:50 AM
Damn, that sucks you guys. Mike, actually my dads shop is 35 min from your house. (29 miles) It isnt too far. Morgan, the shop is 30 min from Napperville. If you guys want I can maybe get your cars in next week or the week after that. The shops REALLY busy right now.

You Got PM

lol, did you PM him the name of your bodyshop who does extreamly cheap work? I question there quality of work and materials.
[snapback]133662[/snapback]​

The PM he sent was very helpful ;)
I'm gonna see if i can get this fixed without going through the insurance co. Farmers is 10X better than State Farm(animals)!!! If i may go on a rant here, i just wanna say that compared to SF, Farmers is sooooooooo much better and slightly cheaper - maybe not after this /rant

Well the Prix is in the shop getting an estimate and then off to get approved by the insurance company. Hopefully they will not total it. Had to go to a body shop that was associated with my insurance company. My car is at Cars Collision Center in Naperville. Hopefully no one has had bad experiences with them. Thank you everyone for the help and support. I will keep you all updated...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Well the Prix is in the shop getting an estimate and then off to get approved by the insurance company. Hopefully they will not total it. Had to go to a body shop that was associated with my insurance company. My car is at Cars Collision Center in Naperville. Hopefully no one has had bad experiences with them. Thank you everyone for the help and support. I will keep you all updated...

You do NOT have to take your car to the bodyshop your insurance says to take it. You can take it anywhere you want, you have that right. I hope your car comes out alright I hear those Cars places (owned by state farm I believe) are real hack shops.

My friends Buick LaSabre got hit by someone and he fell for the same trick you did, he took his car to the Cars by his house cuz the insruance company told him todo so. His car wasnt that bad, but there was a tiny dent on a chrome piece on the back bumper. Cars quoted him like $38 to replace the chrome piece. He showed the car to my to my dad, after looking over the car, my dad came to conclusion that this "chrome piece" that Cars was gonna replace for $38 was actually part of his bumper and was a few hundred dollar part. My friend ended up getting a nice check from the insurance company instead of a shitty $38.

You can see the thick chrome peice on this laSabre Bumper.
http://rothfus.cheme.cmu.edu/matt/pics/our...re/images/1.jpg

A friend from work Cavalier got rear ended, he took it over to Cars because insurance said he had too. They ended up replacing his truck and rear bumper. He got it back and the paint dont match for shit, but he doesent seem to care because they have him mints and vacumed the inside of the car :blink:

My advice to you. Get your car estimated at Cars. But take it to another place to get fixed. Not only will another place probably fix it for cheaper and put money in your pocket but at least you will know it was fixed right. Like I said before I belive all these Cars places are owned by State Farm. There is probably 20+ Cars Body Shops in the Chicago area and the fix hundreds of cars they dont really care how they fix them. Hell the machanics probably get payed by how many cars they fix.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Jul 31 2006, 07:12 PM

You do NOT have to take your car to the bodyshop your insurance says to take it. You can take it anywhere you want, you have that right. I hope your car comes out alright I hear those Cars places (owned by state farm I believe) are real hack shops.

My friends Buick LaSabre got hit by someone and he fell for the same trick you did, he took his car to the Cars by his house cuz the insruance company told him todo so. His car wasnt that bad, but there was a tiny dent on a chrome piece on the back bumper. Cars quoted him like $38 to replace the chrome piece. He showed the car to my to my dad, after looking over the car, my dad came to conclusion that this "chrome piece" that Cars was gonna replace for $38 was actually part of his bumper and was a few hundred dollar part. My friend ended up getting a nice check from the insurance company instead of a shitty $38.

You can see the thick chrome peice on this laSabre Bumper.
http://rothfus.cheme.cmu.edu/matt/pics/our...re/images/1.jpg

A friend from work Cavalier got rear ended, he took it over to Cars because insurance said he had too. They ended up replacing his truck and rear bumper. He got it back and the paint dont match for shit, but he doesent seem to care because they have him mints and vacumed the inside of the car :blink:

My advice to you. Get your car estimated at Cars. But take it to another place to get fixed. Not only will another place probably fix it for cheaper and put money in your pocket but at least you will know it was fixed right. Like I said before I belive all these Cars places are owned by State Farm. There is probably 20+ Cars Body Shops in the Chicago area and the fix hundreds of cars they dont really care how they fix them. Hell the machanics probably get payed by how many cars they fix.
[snapback]133842[/snapback]​
You do not have to take your car to the shop that the insurance complay wants. It is your right to take it wherever. I dont know if Cars is owned by State Farm or any insurance company for that matter. I work in a body shop and i here the techs talk bad about Cars all the time. Mostly on how shitty they get payed because Cars will take in any insurance company. The techs work off commission type thing and there pay scale is based on what insurance company the job id. Example, State Farm pays like $44 an hour to the shop and the tech gets 40% of that. Where some substandard insurance may only pay $20 to the shop and the tech gets 40% of that. I have heard that cars does a lot of substandard insurance work. Now if i was a tech there and i was working on a substandard car do you think i would take the extra time to do the job right or just say F-it, im not gettting payed shit anyway. Now, i hate to say it but 99% of people working there would say F-it, I'm here to make money, and my time is money. So this may be where the "hack shop" comes in.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
take it to vipermikes dads shop. aa few people on here have had work donne and love it. heres a hint. dont goto a place that is a chain. you want to goto a shop that is owned by one person because they usually have more pride in the work that leaves their shop because that gets them repeat business...

I took my car to Cars Collision when i had my accident. they changed all of my bolts in the front end. (Headlight housing, bumper mounts, etc..) Remember when you came over so i can take a look at your car, and i told you my hood was not properly aligned? yeat that was CCC. i would just take it to another shop.

Kyle let me get that number. i noticed today after work someone hit my car on the rear quarter panel on the driver side. needs to be fixed. or Vipermike can i get your dads shop number so i can get a pricing or at least make an appointment.

Car was a total loss because my dads fucking insurance policy states only new OEM parts can be used. My car is dead... Here is where I put all the four letter words I can think up... Anyone have a car for sale or have some good dealerships to go to. To start my search... I want another 97-03 Pontiac Grand Prix a GTP or GT. Thanks... RIP My GT The White Stallion...

Morgan :(

I

imported_1fastGTP

sorry to hear that man.. check on ebay no joke they have some prix's goen for dirt cheap and if theres to much miles on it buy a motor from ed morad and put it in and mess with that. i know a few people that have done that and there cars have turned out great. i bought my car totally stock garaged for 3 years had 15k miles on it for 12k my dad knew the guy from work and he put it on ebay, just shows that there are alot of nice cars on there that people dont realize. also what is your price range along with miles and color ill do sum research for ya. gtp? gt? what would you like more?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info