3800 Thinking Of Spray

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
i agree with mike. if your looking for speed get another car or dump a shit load only to be dissapointed with stuff breaking, and still being slower then most of the GTPs. your car looks nice, leave it at that. sell it while it looks so good and get a faster car. id say go turbo but i know you would not keep up with the maintance and you would push it to far resulting in lots of bad shit.

or spray the shit out of it, and buy erics old GT block with low miles for a spare when it goes

03turbogt

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
Originally posted by SINr247@Jul 28 2006, 11:33 AM
i agree with mike. if your looking for speed get another car or dump a shit load only to be dissapointed with stuff breaking, and still being slower then most of the GTPs. your car looks nice, leave it at that. sell it while it looks so good and get a faster car. id say go turbo but i know you would not keep up with the maintance and you would push it to far resulting in lots of bad shit.

or spray the shit out of it, and buy erics old GT block with low miles for a spare when it goes
[snapback]133397[/snapback]​

yes that is a good idea buy my gt block

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Jul 27 2006, 05:16 PM
If your looking for speed. I suggest buying a Turbo or even buying another car thats fast stock. I wouldnt mess around with nitrous.
[snapback]133393[/snapback]​

I agree... it is to easy to blow your motor.. i thought you wanted the turbo... just get the kit... OR buy a SC.. the conversion shouldnt be to hard...

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
zex is a VERY safe way to spray nitrous...plus it uses a built in WOT switch that reads directly off your tps sensor, instead of a micro switch on the pedal or throttle. you can usually find a kit with extras for 400 or so on ebay...i can get you a new kit for 20% off 500...so 400 i can get you a brand new kit.

depending on your mods now, i would say you could drop to a solid mid 14 with a 75 shot, 3" exhaust, and a good cai, maybe lower with some PEMs or headers. but n2o is your best hp/dollar

so all in all id say go for the spray and use zex.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Jul 29 2006, 02:24 AM
zex is a VERY safe way to spray nitrous...plus it uses a built in WOT switch that reads directly off your tps sensor, instead of a micro switch on the pedal or throttle.  you can usually find a kit with extras for 400 or so on ebay...i can get you a new kit for 20% off 500...so 400 i can get you a brand new kit. 

depending on your mods now, i would say you could drop to a solid mid 14 with a 75 shot, 3" exhaust, and a good cai, maybe lower with some PEMs or headers.  but n2o is your best hp/dollar

so all in all id say go for the spray and use zex.
[snapback]133570[/snapback]​

According to my buddie ZEX kits are very safe on almost ALL cars. Becuase the ZEX dry kits use a special controller that will only activate at WOT and they use a vaccum style fuel flow/pressure increaser they are super safe. When you have the system activated and you go WOT the N20 controller has a vaccum line spliced into the FPR and will pull it open more for more fuel, and the controller will cut out if the system runs too lean. a 55 shot it more than safe..

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
yes the nitrous managment unit (NMU) is everything all in one box. no seperate solenoids. three wires, power, ground and signal (which goes to the signal (my grand am is green) wire on the tps connector). however, the system does not shut down if you are too lean. at least the 3 kits i have had, and the 2 others i have put on different cars did not shut down. i know mine didn't because i went through a motor from leaning out...

but all in all, watch you're o2's and KR, and i think a 75 shot is PLENTY safe for your car, I/E/75 shot, id bet you could hit, mid 14's, add some headers/rockers probably 13's. as long as the tranny lasts.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by FastGS88+Jul 30 2006, 09:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Jul 29 2006, 03:16 PM
A 75 shot wont hurt your GT. Lots of people have done it with no ill effects. Pector ran 13.9 with rockers, zex, tb dhp, and ubend IIRC.
[snapback]133597[/snapback]​

add headers and GT1 cam to that list
[snapback]133759[/snapback]​
[/b]

He didnt have headers or a cam at that time. It was just rockers. Not even PEMs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info