3800 Highspeed Driving

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
speed2.jpg

Thanks to the guys who helped scan my car for me, including Vogel and Charles who originally told me about the TCC code that was being thrown...

Just got my car back after having a TCC solenoid replaced, new cover, tie rod and new cv boot... car was gone for a week... anyhow, shifting seems great again now, except tonight on my way home on I-88 near Winfield Rd there is a nice long stretch of lighted highway and I decided to punch it... I got up to about 6.1 on the Tach and maybe 91-92mph and i feel a light thud down by my foot near the gas pedal.. then its gone... has anyone experienced anything like this? any cause for concern? I haven't installed my shift kit yet and I'm not sure that would help, or would it? Any suggestions?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
only at high rpm's and speed? no other time?

all that known, still i'd first check all the trans/motor mount bolts first. ball joints too.

after that, it's back to the shop

Originally posted by Mikes1998GTP@Jul 21 2006, 03:14 AM
speed2.jpg

Thanks to the guys who helped scan my car for me, including Vogel and Charles who originally told me about the TCC code that was being thrown...

Just got my car back after having a TCC solenoid replaced, new cover, tie rod and new cv boot... car was gone for a week... anyhow, shifting seems great again now, except tonight on my way home on I-88 near Winfield Rd there is a nice long stretch of lighted highway and I decided to punch it... I got up to about 6.1 on the Tach and maybe 91-92mph and i feel a light thud down by my foot near the gas pedal.. then its gone... has anyone experienced anything like this?  any cause for concern?  I haven't installed my shift kit yet and I'm not sure that would help, or would it?  Any suggestions?
[snapback]132954[/snapback]​

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Toasty+Jul 21 2006, 12:08 PM-->
only at high rpm's and speed? no other time?

all that known, still i'd first check all the trans/motor mount bolts first. ball joints too.

after that, it's back to the shop

<!--QuoteBegin-Mikes1998GTP
@Jul 21 2006, 03:14 AM
speed2.jpg

Just got my car back after having a TCC solenoid replaced, new cover, tie rod and new cv boot... car was gone for a week... anyhow, shifting seems great again now, except tonight on my way home on I-88 near Winfield Rd there is a nice long stretch of lighted highway and I decided to punch it... I got up to about 6.1 on the Tach and maybe 91-92mph and i feel a light thud down by my foot near the gas pedal.. then its gone... has anyone experienced anything like this?  any cause for concern?  I haven't installed my shift kit yet and I'm not sure that would help, or would it?  Any suggestions?
[snapback]132954[/snapback]​
[snapback]132970[/snapback]​
[/b]
6100 is fine for shifting(i doubt you are making more power reving that high but still) i would inspect the trans mount. i was test driving a caviler for my GF and when it was WOT shifting it clunked real bad. we had it inspected and it was trans mount, and he said one of the motor mounts was real sloopy and weak. sounds like its the same thing. i did feel it in the pedal and steering wheel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list