3800 best front springs for drag racing

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you lighten the car, it will make a dramatic difference in ride height. I'd personally avoid the Police springs. A police car will have a lot of added weight to the front, making your ride height high, and too stiff.

You should look into getting stock Buick century springs. The Century uses the same components as the Regal, but is a chintzier (read lighter) car. The spring rate will be a little softer, the ride hieght should be somewhat like a lowered car because the springs will compress. When unloaded the front should pop up easier. Typically the lower rate spings will be lighter too, so it should help. On a FWD drag car, you want both the front and the rear coming up (sounds impossible) during launch.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jul 21 2006, 01:10 AM
If you lighten the car, it will make a dramatic difference in ride height. I'd personally avoid the Police springs. A police car will have a lot of added weight to the front, making your ride height high, and too stiff.

You should look into getting stock Buick century springs. The Century uses the same components as the Regal, but is a chintzier (read lighter) car. The spring rate will be a little softer, the ride hieght should be somewhat like a lowered car because the springs will compress. When unloaded the front should pop up easier. Typically the lower rate spings will be lighter too, so it should help. On a FWD drag car, you want both the front and the rear coming up (sounds impossible) during launch.
[snapback]132944[/snapback]​

you mean with an Instant center located in front of the car...like the modern Fro FWD drive teams use...i could see this riv's fenders holding a pretty large tire someday...

btw, 4wd works also :D

have you seen how the 442 launches in the video?
the whole car picots around it's CG which with 49/51 f/r weight distribution is one reason Al would like to get 4 corner air...with how many sportsman racers are using air springs to full effect to get cars to haul ass on a true 10.5 tire...

yes ron i'll take a look at the rear of the riv but i dont expect it to be much different than an H body even though this is a G body...

Regards James

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jul 20 2006, 11:47 PM
Also, Eibachs are around 1.3", not 1.8"
[snapback]132936[/snapback]​

I disagree...every GP Ive seen with eibachs is slammed. They might advertise a 1.3 drop but it more like 2" maybe more
Maybe it has to do with the spring rate but eibachs will slam a GP from what ive seen...I remember Jeffs car his shit couldnt go over speedbumps without rubbing his exhaust. Same with Pictors car I think he had them to and you had to roll out of his car...lol

Just my .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list