3800 8K mile radials

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
I understand that when radials have been run for awhile, they will begin to breakdown if you flip them (run them in the other direction). Im trying to figure out whether or not my radials are unsafe right now.

I was stupid, and I accidently moved my tires without marking LF or RF (left front, right front). I have them on the car, and I'm about 75% sure that I have them on correctly. The other 25% is bugging the hell outta me. The tires are trashed due to bad alignment, and I'm running on a worse alighnment now that I replaced both front tie rod ends and both rear tie rods. I don't care about the tires, I just don't want them falling apart on me, and I don't have 300 to drop right now for new tires.

Anyone knowledgable in tires to be able to tell me if 8-10K is too much wear on a tire with a 70K mile warranty?

Traction A
Temperature A
Treadwear 560
Firestone Affinity LH30's

I do alot of 40+ mph driving on a daily basis, but it's rare that I travel highway. Also a lot of jackrabbit starts. Think of a 18 y/o driver who just got a really really fast car, and likes accelerating too much.

Any help is helpful, as long as it has to do with the subject at hand

thanks

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Don't take offense, I have heard this before... but that's just about the dumbest thing i've ever heard about tires. (I used to sell em for a living, too)

perhaps years and years ago when radial tire technology was just developing that could have been a slight concern, but the affinity's that you have are meant to be multi-directional. when you rotate tires, you are expected that 2 of the tires will be switching sides of the car, if not all of them, depending on the rotation pattern.

you should have no problem running them the opposite way. now, if the uneven wear is severe enough that you end up with bare steel cords showing, then yer screwed, i wouldnt drive it.

but... let me reccomend something to you... DONT BUY ANY MORE AFFINITY'S they are just as bad/worse than the stock good years

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list