3800 boost problems still

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
ok I'll make this short. I am completely clueless as to whats giong on here :/ I have PEM's a 3" zzp dp w/ubend and catalyc delete and with a 3.4" pulley I'm seeing 12lbs at the top of every gear? my car used to never do this and I'm knocking like crazy, about 9 degrees of knock which slowly climbs from about 1degree when I first go wot.
I'm running 16 degrees of timing and 980mv on my o2's, something isn't right here?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by xierxior@Jul 20 2006, 03:43 AM
ok I'll make this short. I am completely clueless as to whats giong on here :/ I have PEM's a 3" zzp dp w/ubend and catalyc delete and with a 3.4" pulley I'm seeing 12lbs at the top of every gear? my car used to never do this and I'm knocking like crazy, about 9 degrees of knock which slowly climbs from about 1degree when I first go wot.
I'm running 16 degrees of timing and 980mv on my o2's, something isn't right here?
[snapback]132838[/snapback]​

o2's too high?

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS+Jul 20 2006, 03:24 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Jul 20 2006, 03:43 AM
[snapback]132838[/snapback]​

o2's too high?
[snapback]132841[/snapback]​
[/b]

nah, you know what's weird tho I just took it out for a scan not 20 minutes ago and I only had a few spikes of 3* of knock on a 0-100mph run but nothing consistent :/ I leaned it just incase there was to much fuel but it'll be a day or so of driving before I can scan it again. after I make a change to the pcm my LTFT's lock at -12.4 for a few hours then for some reason eventually level out to 0.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
the LTFTs are not much of an issue if they are acting funny somtimes. when i first got my AFC 2.2 mine would jump for a little bit all the way to +19-20 and then a few minutes later just goes back to close to +1-2 for no reason. zzp claims it has somthing to do with the stock maf being a POS. they said using a external or new maf fixes it.
i have a LT1 maf and i still get this issue. have you messed with the boost bypass valve at all? (wont effect boost level, but could give a few deg of knock)
that high of boost is odd tho. do you have a stock cat-back. i lost 1psi with a cat back change(leaving the stock cat intact). and i saw 11psi on a 3.4 everyonce in a while,mostly 10.5.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by SINr247@Jul 20 2006, 12:22 PM
the LTFTs are not much of an issue if they are acting funny somtimes. when i first got my AFC 2.2 mine would jump for a little bit all the way to +19-20 and then a few minutes later just goes back to close to +1-2 for no reason. zzp claims it has somthing to do with the stock maf being a POS. they said using a external or new maf fixes it.
i have a LT1 maf and i still get this issue. have you messed with the boost bypass valve at all? (wont effect boost level, but could give a few deg of knock)
that high of boost is odd tho. do you have a stock cat-back. i lost 1psi with a cat back change(leaving the stock cat intact). and i saw 11psi on a 3.4 everyonce in a while,mostly 10.5.
[snapback]132859[/snapback]​

my LTFT's don't jump around unless I just reflashed the pcm. I think I'm going to remove the resonator since mine is bad anyways then see where I'm at

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by xierxior@Jul 20 2006, 07:57 PM
I still don't get why I'm seeing so much boost tho and on the highway it definitly feels like it's lugging boost sometimes like I'll tap the throttle maybe 10/15percent and I'm almost at full boost.. and the motor doesn't like this at all
[snapback]132892[/snapback]​

Maybe your resonator is restricting ur exhaust flow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• X
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list