3800 Blown Transmission Number 3!!!!!

I

imported_GraFFix

Well, I just blew my 3rd transmission in 2.5 years...funny thing is I havent raced the car for over 2 years lol. Thanks for the great rebuilds c-ya racing you could of rebuilt this thing with paper mache and it might of lasted longer.

My GF Steph, William her 2.5 year old son and myself went away to Michigan for a long weekend. (sat-tues) Car drove fine out there but I was getting a slight whine when it shifted, which it has been doing for the past 6 months. Sunday, it seemed to get louder...And were about 2 hours away from home. So we keep the driving to a minimum while were out there but its kind of hard when your in the country. Nothing is walking distance except for the lake we were staying on.

Anyways, to make a long story short, Monday night we decide to head out for a little, get into town and I guess the trans didnt want to go into town lol...we got about half way to where we were going and it started to slip badly. Whining and slipping like crazy I babied it back to our cottage and started worrying about how I was going to get us all home the next day. Its one thing for myself to sit on the side of the road and wait for a tow but we had a 2 and a half year old with us. I was a little worried..although Steph might say I was a nervous wreck...either way it sucked not knowing if we were going to make it home or not.

Tuesday comes, I make a few calls, one being to my Brother to make sure his AAA is up to date just in case I need a tow. Everyone knows were coming back limping just in case we need to get picked up.
Pack the car up, Ask the man upstairs for some help, a little rub on the dashboard to console her and were off....and holy shit she got us home! We were about 110 miles away. I got on the highway around 7ish last night to let any kind of rush hour traffic die down and it was basically a straight shot home. We got on the highway and got the car up to 70ish and kept her there for the whole ride, we had to slow down a few times but pretty much it was a straight shot. We even stopped at the Hinsdale Oasis (cause someone had to pee <_< :p ) We got off at River road off of 294 and I was in amazement that the car made it all the way home...or did it? Were not actually home yet!

Now going down River Road going to drop Steph and Will off we get to about the 3rd stoplight...light turns green and im in neutral...well I wasnt but the trans was..lol. I look down, yup its in drive...but were not moving. So I finally get it to grab a little and we start rolling...very slowly. throw the hazzards on and stay to the right and basically slip the trans all the way to my house where its parked at right now.

The car did get us home, but it was really strange how the car drove fine for almost 2 hours on the highway, but when we get to our exit and are only about a mile from the house it kind of just gave up. I think someone was watching out for us yesterday.

BTW we had an great vacation minus the car problems. but were all safe at home now...Ohh well I got to get back to work, I need to make some money to fix this damm trans for the 3rd time :lolsign:

P.S. Leo I need a hookup!!! :)

I

imported_GraFFix

I wouldnt doubt it...its easy money for him. Just like the easy money he took from a few of us for his "race tranny" builds.

Lets see he did my trans..Twice! first time my trans wasnt bad I just wanted it stronger. He rebuilt it and it ran fine for 6 months...then it took me over a month top get ahold of him just to tell him my trans was bad. He decided to fix it free of charge and towed it away from a mod day. 3 months later and after 1000 phone calls to him without any callbacks he finished my trans and its been fine untill now...

He did J/O's trans also...A little while later his went out he couldnt get ahold of miker at all so decided on an intense rebuild...basically paying for 2 trans's...he got screwed

SNM had his done by miker and it went out a yaer or so later...same situation, couldnt get ahold of him and I think he ended up getting it fixed somewhere else....screwed again

LP3800 had 2 trans's done by miker to..but his car caught on fire before he got to test the 2nd build...I think you got that car now dont you? lol you might be getting screwed j/k

Hale, I think he had his done 2 times by miker too...I think the first rebuild too a few months as well.

Nahh its ok miker can do whatever he is doing...making parts for thrasher or whatever. it just goes to show the quality of their products. Just like my thrasher pulley system...its nice and rusty now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info