3800 well we start the Riv tonight with the 1.5

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
tonight we are gonna try to flash the pcm and do the case learn and do some logs to see what we need to do to it...

if anyone has some input it'd be much appreciated as i only have exp with Megasquirt and Accel DFI 7

98 Riviera L67

full Comp rebuild (GN builder/machinist) with forgies, 3.0, ssic, 42.5's, ported heads, VS cam, prototype zzp PowerLog, N* TB with 85mm LQ4 maf

Time to play... :D
if anyone is near 53 and palatine rd and hears some whine that'd be us...heheh

James, Al and Eric

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Fish@Jul 18 2006, 11:22 PM
Thats Palatine. Id check them out. I drive up 53 to goto Vernon Hills every night for work from Elk Grove.
[snapback]132700[/snapback]​

yup right here...

we cant flash it, having issues...
hopefully tomarrow...

got some work to do...

Rebuilt L67 with forged pistons, Ported heads, VS cam, 3.0 w/ SSIC, Northstar TB, 85mm LQ4 MAF, CAI and Prototype ZZP Powerlog. soon to have 2.5 in DMH cutout

:(

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc+Jul 19 2006, 12:39 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Jul 18 2006, 11:22 PM
Thats Palatine. Id check them out. I drive up 53 to goto Vernon Hills every night for work from Elk Grove.

yup right here...

hopefully tomarrow...

got some work to do...

Rebuilt L67 with forged pistons, Ported heads, VS cam, 3.0 w/ SSIC, Northstar TB, 85mm LQ4 MAF, CAI and Prototype ZZP Powerlog. soon to have 2.5 in DMH cutout

[snapback]132705[/snapback]​
[/b]

PCM Problem? I have a spare 2000 GS PCM that you could flash a 98 Riv file onto if need be.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS+Jul 18 2006, 11:41 PM-->
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc@Jul 19 2006, 12:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Jul 18 2006, 11:22 PM

yup right here...

hopefully tomarrow...

got some work to do...

[snapback]132705[/snapback]​

PCM Problem? I have a spare 2000 GS PCM that you could flash a 98 Riv file onto if need be.
[snapback]132706[/snapback]​
[/b]

nope program " you have not purchaced support for this vehicle, you will not be able to save changed that you attempt to this file" well thats the gist of it anyway...
he got 98 up 3800 to make sure we could get the Riv flashed for the mods and get the case learn done....this thing needs to move safely under it's own power, OUT of the garage...

right now we are having a steamroller crush us....

James and Eric

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc@Jul 19 2006, 02:14 AM
1.20 isnt working neither is the crazy exe...error's
[snapback]132718[/snapback]​

Sorry, then you must not be quoted the error message correctly.

All 98 - 02 vehicles are unlocked in 1.2.0 and with the crazy patch.

The only scenario I can think of is if you didn't register the cable when you installed/started the software. Did you register the cable or did you bypass it ? If you bypassed it, it puts you in DEMO mode and you can't do anything but open files.

The only other possibility is that it doesn't recognized the file; however, that can't be as you said we sent yo ua 1.5 file. If you have a 1.5 file, its recognized; otherwise, we couldn't have made the file. :)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by beyerch+Jul 19 2006, 10:23 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Turbocharged400sbc
@Jul 19 2006, 02:14 AM
1.20 isnt working neither is the crazy exe...error's
[snapback]132718[/snapback]​

Sorry, then you must not be quoted the error message correctly.

All 98 - 02 vehicles are unlocked in 1.2.0 and with the crazy patch.

The only scenario I can think of is if you didn't register the cable when you installed/started the software. Did you register the cable or did you bypass it ? If you bypassed it, it puts you in DEMO mode and you can't do anything but open files.

The only other possibility is that it doesn't recognized the file; however, that can't be as you said we sent yo ua 1.5 file. If you have a 1.5 file, its recognized; otherwise, we couldn't have made the file. :)
[snapback]132733[/snapback]​
[/b]

the funny thing is is the laptop we were using that would use his wifi was eric's sisters and that thing was all screwed to hell...

today we fixed the wifi on Al's laptop (442 owner) so we are gonna try to do the 1.2.0 probably tomarrow evening, we sync'd the cable and registered the cable...

the error on the 2.0 was error 66, severity 1 string must be greater than 0...thats the gist of that one, we can still use 1.9 for logging if 2.0 doesnt do so hot but Al and amanda's laptop was top of the line 6 months ago, so i dont see me having many problems that might affect powertuner operation.

now that i saw the thread on the 98 cent (68$ msrp!) 1 Gb flash drive at staples i'm gonna get it and download everything to it using my broadband and be able to switch between his sister's laptop and Al's when we need to and to make sure that i can load it to my PC for a recoverable backup, or if i somehow destroy the flash drive...

BTW here is the link to the awesome deal on the 1 GB flash drive...
http://www.3800pro.com/forum/showthread.ph...65594#post65594

i'm pretty sure ya'll might be interested....if ya havent seen it already...

yeah last night was frustrating, but that laptop was REALLY screwy....
so i had 4hrs of sleep before working 12 hrs today... :(

but i am off on friday and sat so we are hopeing to get that bastard burned and running so we can do the case learn...and get it outta the garage...under it's own power lol

So far i love the PT...very nicely done and i look forward to learning more about it, at this point Al and I are thinking that we should just get two 98+ W body harness's and PCM's from the Jyard for the 442 and get a powertuner ourselves so we can takle the 442 without using megasquirt...
and now fer the question i am almost possitive that noone else has asked you before...since the 442 will have two 3800's (one turbocharged fer now other NA)

would it be possible fer us to have two PT programs on one laptop, one for the front engine with a powertuner box (you bet we'll buy it!) and another for the rear engine using Eric's PT box and be able to LOG both simultaniously with one laptop or would we have to use two seperate laptops...Al's laptop has 4 usb ports so we could put two keyspan adaptors on it...also would we be able to log two wide band o2's with it this way?
if no we have a pair of matching, old ass, toshiba serial port equipped 266mhz laptops which would prove interesting to say the least...lol

I am thinking that the PT is the best thing we could get for the 442 since she will eventually be powered by TWO Turbocharged 3800's and one of them a SI/SII Hybrid that i am working on (the 442 will be a rolling test bed) for the power benifits between a short deck SII 3800 and a long rod/tall deck SI/SII hybrid...I think this would be the best way for me to show the power gains to be had by improving the engines mechanical efficiency AND mid/top end breathing with a better rod/stroke ratio afforded by the Tall deck SI (EV6) blocks...

I thank you greatly for the help you have provided, most helpfull, we'll get it licked...if i can fit two drivetrains in a stock apearing W body i can get the PT to work...lol

Best Regards, James

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well we got er flashed, after getting steamed... :lolsign:

now she's realllly rich with the 42.5's

i cant get mdac2.8 to load manually into sys32 as eric's sister cant rem admin password :rolleyes:

so now i am working on scalling back inj flow rates and maybe MAF as well...by hand <_<

i saw that the 1.5 fattened em up a bit...

now it's running so rich i cant tell which cylinder is misfireing...they all are lol

we'll burn this till the crack of dawn friday...heheh

james and eric

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc@Jul 21 2006, 12:35 AM
well we got er flashed, after getting steamed... :lolsign:

now she's realllly rich with the 42.5's

i cant get mdac2.8 to load manually into sys32 as eric's sister cant rem admin password :rolleyes:

so now i am working on scalling back inj flow rates and maybe MAF as well...by hand <_<

i saw that the 1.5 fattened em up a bit...

now it's running so rich i cant tell which cylinder is misfireing...they all are lol

we'll burn this till the crack of dawn friday...heheh

james and eric
[snapback]132930[/snapback]​

Sounds interesting guys, whens the viewing?? :)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Fish@Jul 20 2006, 11:59 PM
Very cool. Nice to see you got the PT working.
[snapback]132939[/snapback]​
well so far so good...thank heaven i have a conpleete grasp of how a vehicles pcm works and all the related measurements... this should prove to be a good learning curve, runs OK, we may have debris in inj 4 but this is inconclusive till i do a caselearn...

:D

now to work on things a bit more....

BTW the issue we were having is not updating the XP office 2003 suite to allow the 2.8 to work, now i can import!
james and eric

btw doya think i could use one pc to run two powertuners for the twin engine 442?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

James, sorry to hijack, but...

You said in another thread about the Riv's rear suspension being bagged stock I believe. If that's true, how close is the rear knuckle in design compared to the W-body? Might be a nice cheap swap for grassroots racers.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Fish@Jul 21 2006, 01:48 AM
Is the Riv bagged stock, or does it have an air ride kinda like the Bonne??
[snapback]132949[/snapback]​
like the bonnie...gm is good at reusing what works...

running good enough to do some scans...case learn complete...

going fer a ride...! clean off the rust from the brakes :lolsign:

ohhh yeah! B)

James and Eric

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info