3800 someone help out?

I

imported_1fastGTP

well my buddy has a 98 bonneville se. has the 3800 in it, he decided he wants to do some stuff to it. i told him get a downpipe, exhaust, and an intake thing is what places sell items/performance parts for this car? ive seen the ssei's and such for them but not this one. if anyone has some sites where he can get some things for his car that would be great.

I

imported_1fastGTP

yea i know.. thats what i told him but he just wants something since hes sloww..... and not loud once so ever. he said he wants the downpipe with cutout and custom exhaust. his exhaust is the wierdest thing ever! its like 2 S's in a row then goes straight for a little bit then to a HUGE!!! muffler. so i think his best bet for the exhaust would be fair muffler? or james dean?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

More than likely it's a custom job for the DP. IDK if that year has the funky flange on the rear manifold,but some of the Bonnie's have different rear manifolds.

Good news is the rear header on the Bonnie's are actually not half bad. The front manifold is identical to the w-body, so a ported front or powerlog could help.

Adding a smaller pulley, CAI/FWI, and some exhaust mods could give solid mid to low 14's in the 1/4. The Bonnie's are heavier, but only by a couple hundered pounds.

Best bet is to find some performance recipies from one of the Bonneville forums.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jul 18 2006, 08:10 PM
More than likely it's a custom job for the DP. IDK if that year has the funky flange on the rear manifold,but some of the Bonnie's have different rear manifolds.

Good news is the rear header on the Bonnie's are actually not half bad. The front manifold is identical to the w-body, so a ported front or powerlog could help.

Adding a smaller pulley, CAI/FWI, and some exhaust mods could give solid mid to low 14's in the 1/4. The Bonnie's are heavier, but only by a couple hundered pounds.

Best bet is to find some performance recipies from one of the Bonneville forums.
[snapback]132673[/snapback]​

its N/A but thanks for the help, hes just going to have to look into it more.

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Actually the best place for custom exhaust and cheap also is OXBO in joliet i went there for my exhaust and i went 3in cat back to the Y then 2.5 fair and james deam wanted to charge me 300 bucks they did it for 160 bucks and it look great so yeah thats what i think ....also check of PFYC for some parts they might have some stuff there are alota site's if u search for em

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info