3800 James dean quiestion

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by SINr247+Jul 17 2006, 09:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Jul 17 2006, 08:12 PM
Before your time bob there was a member named ThePizzaGTP from carpentersville... he had it done from jim.

:)
[snapback]132574[/snapback]​
YOUR RIGHT, THAT IS PROOF OF JAMES DOING THOSE HORRIBLE THINGS
[snapback]132578[/snapback]​
[/b]

so now its a bashing to Jim? Just because you can get some deals from Fair it doesnt mean you have to bash on someone else. I went to Jim when he was at fair and HE did an awsome job on my GT. When he left I took my GTP to him and again another great job done by HIM. So if you want to bash him fine but people here still like going to him for the work he has done in the past few years to our GP and fair just started to gain intrest because Jim was getting our business for years.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
my anger only comes from dealing with james directly. he is a dick and ignores customers and refuses to help out people with questions. my grandmother went there and she felt she was tossed to the side and treated pretty rudely.(i had no clue she even went there till i mentioned to go to fair and then i heard that) the same had happen to me both times i went there.

and james does nothing but bash fair to suppliers and vendors. even tho they changed owners. and when confronted by fair employees, james didnt even know who MJ was or that the owner sold the buisness years ago. ........
great guy that james dean is

so its just my way of being a dickhead back
ive heard the storys about the work he did while still at fair and when he first opened up. wish i could of known him then ...o well
but i guess when you put your self on a pedistal everyone else looks insignificant(even customers)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Cept the last part of that syP is "mine doesnt stink." :p

James was nothing but nice and helpful everytime I worked with him. Hell, I had cash and got the price knocked down 40 bucks.

I could give a shit who bashes who in the exhaust world. Its not like no one else does it.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by syP@Jul 19 2006, 01:05 PM
as fish always says...

"oppinions are like assholes"

Personally.. i think he is one of the nicest people i have ever met that will take your money.

He always has helped me and given me killer deals.

talk shit all you want... you just had a bad exp. with him.
[snapback]132757[/snapback]​

I agree with syp..(shudders) :lolsign:

The 4 times Ive gone to Jim for work on my car...he's stood and Bs'ed with me while he worked on my car the entire time. His current shop, the old on on Lagrange and even back at Fair. As well as the half a dozen or so more times Ive gone there with buds and their cars.

Maybe you were a dick to him and that why he came off that way to you. Ive seen you bash this guy since you joined here I think. No one is jumping on your bandwagon to join you in the bashing, so give it a rest already. You dont see many members bashing fair or whatever it is now do ya.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by dole21+Jul 19 2006, 08:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Jul 19 2006, 01:05 PM
as fish always says...

"oppinions are like assholes"

Personally.. i think he is one of the nicest people i have ever met that will take your money.

He always has helped me and given me killer deals.

talk shit all you want... you just had a bad exp. with him.
[snapback]132757[/snapback]​

I agree with syp..(shudders) :lolsign:

The 4 times Ive gone to Jim for work on my car...he's stood and Bs'ed with me while he worked on my car the entire time. His current shop, the old on on Lagrange and even back at Fair. As well as the half a dozen or so more times Ive gone there with buds and their cars.

Maybe you were a dick to him and that why he came off that way to you. Ive seen you bash this guy since you joined here I think. No one is jumping on your bandwagon to join you in the bashing, so give it a rest already. You dont see many members bashing fair or whatever it is now do ya.
[snapback]132790[/snapback]​
[/b]
well i was just being a smartass more or less with the bold type, but i was asked about what problem i had with james, i said my peace. i never started a post bashing him.
hell fish talks shit to mike K and no one says anything about that and i know for a fact more people taken care of by that vendor. if i really wanted to make it a point i would of picketed his shop or somthing stupid. B) isnt this why we post. to discuss services or parts that fail,meet or exceed are expectations.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You are wrong bob. All the Mike K humpers come to his defence when we get into it. All of my "bashs" are justified to me. Too bad you werent around when I praised him but I was labeled immature cause of my feelings on a certain subject. Low and behold a year later he has bitched about the same thing. Ohh the ironing. I could bring up the fact that he promised me a shift kit since the one that I won last year came to me open missing everything but the trans filter and instructions. :confused: However, I dont need or want it anymore since I just want the car to limp along as long as it wants to.

Isnt it funny how lately I havent even made a post towards Mike to start anything but it still gets dragged in by someone. :rolleyes: The same someone that bitches about anything and everything that doesnt go his way.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
"The same someone that bitches about anything and everything that doesnt go his way."

if thats ment towards me, what the hell are you talking about.

"If you want to pay the extra $100+ for .5HP"
its probly a little more then that. ask preussengtp he felt a dif to the wheels when he got his done, explain the WHP gain then. probly killed a little knock. so it was worth it probly.
lets not get into a DP arguement tho

Originally posted by SINr247@Jul 20 2006, 02:05 AM

"If you want to pay the extra $100+ for .5HP"
its probly a little more then that. ask preussengtp he felt a dif to the wheels when he got his done, explain the WHP gain then. probly killed a little knock. so it was worth it probly.
lets not get into a DP arguement tho
[snapback]132828[/snapback]​

I've been a customer to both shops and they both do great work and provide excellent service for our GP's

The argument i'm going to make is that the JD downpipe does have a large restriction on the flange whereas the WBodyStore, Fair muff and 'other guys' DP's are free flowing mandrel bent.
I paid for two DP's one from JD and the other Fair - i replaced the JD with the Fair DP and the difference is most definitely noticeable. Perhaps it is a way of trying to save other members here the aggravation and costly mistake i made. And they are all roughly the same price.
I would recomment either shop for a cat-back system or custom repairs/mods.. I will however NOT recommend James Dean for his downpipes. If you're trying to make as much power and noticiable gains, you wanna free-flowing KR-free GP..right?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
lol now I'm getting dragged into arguments that I'm not even a part of! As for me having leg humpers... Apparently anyone that disagrees with Fish is a WBS leghumper. Brian, you disagree with me now just to spite me.

After my long rant at Zooomer on CGP the other night the only thing you could think to say was a knock at my grammer. Seriously... You call me arrogant but most of the club sees the arrogance coming from your side of the room. I don't need you on my side man. I don't care what you think of me. You've already made your opinion clear.

You want the shift kit again? Maybe if I send you something you've stated repeatedly that you don't want you'll finally shut up about it. Let me know; it'll ship tomorrow, for the second time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info