3800 Any1 selling header?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I dont know if anyone is selling headers.

However I will give you a bit of advice. You mentioned that your name was GTT cause you wanted a turbo one day. IMO, instead of wasting money on headers that you would have to eventually sell because you cant use them, and using a cam that is meant for a N/A setup instead of a turbo setup, I would just hold onto all of that money and wait. Just some friendly advice.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I've had personal experience with "PEMs" on my car, and many other cars of friends and acquaintences who I've worked with, given advice to, helped tune, etc. and one thing rings true of all these cases, the cars ran slow, as slow as a car on stock manifolds.

It's a fairly simple matter really, the front manifold itself is the same size as the head port. Enlarging the first 3/4" of each runner does nothing for the main size of the runner, nor does it address the most restrictive part.
In addition, the rear header is also larger than the head port, and the welds create MAYBE 50 thousandths of protrusion in the flow path, and still does not get smaller than the head outlet.
The ONLY real restriction that is helped is the protrusion of the #6 primary, which overall is a very VERY small restriction.

Stock manifolds, especially the front one are turds, and everyone knows:
you cannot polish a turd.

If you port your own manis, go for it! Free mods are great, but I don't understand the people who pay hundreds of dollars for a little grinding and a few welds, that have never proven a dyno gain.
All "gains" from PEMs are sort of like Alky, "I killed X knock, and added X boost, and it feels lots faster.....prove it.

Save money for real mods. I've been there, and really wish I had never fucked with PEMS and just saved my time and money for headers in the first place.

MT

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by FastGS88@Jul 15 2006, 03:39 AM
I've had personal experience with "PEMs" on my car, and many other cars of friends and acquaintences who I've worked with, given advice to, helped tune, etc. and one thing rings true of all these cases, the cars ran slow, as slow as a car on stock manifolds.

It's a fairly simple matter really, the front manifold itself is the same size as the head port.  Enlarging the first 3/4" of each runner does nothing for the main size of the runner, nor does it address the most restrictive part.
In addition, the rear header is also larger than the head port, and the welds create MAYBE 50 thousandths of protrusion in the flow path, and still does not get smaller than the head outlet.
The ONLY real restriction that is helped is the protrusion of the #6 primary, which overall is a very VERY small restriction.

Stock manifolds, especially the front one are turds, and everyone knows:
you cannot polish a turd.

If you port your own manis, go for it!  Free mods are great, but I don't understand the people who pay hundreds of dollars for a little grinding and a few welds, that have never proven a dyno gain.
All "gains" from PEMs are sort of like Alky, "I killed X knock, and added X boost, and it feels lots faster.....prove it.

Save money for real mods.  I've been there, and really wish I had never fucked with PEMS and just saved my time and money for headers in the first place.

MT
[snapback]132357[/snapback]​

they dropped 2* of knock on my car and I loost about a pound of boost if that tells you just how restrictive the manifolds can be in stock form.

the pipes that protrude into my rear manifold hung down about half an inch tho which I'm sure created the majority of the restriction.

I might just get that powerlog monstrosity from zzp for the front manifold and be done with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info