3800 strange problem

• Thread starter imported_PaceCarBoozer
  • Start date
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Ok, yesterday my car started heating up. It never moves from the 180 degree mark. So when I saw it start rising at stop signs and such, I was thinking my fan relay went or something. When I got home, it was leaking on the driveway and the radiator was almost empty. From the location of the drip under the car I'm assuming it's coming from the WP or Lower hose, but hose is dry so that gets eliminated as a suspect. I fill it up with water (if it's leaking, why use expensive antifreeze). Anyways, I get home and the radiator is a little down, didn't heat up any more than usual on the way home, but it won't leak now so I can't figure out where the hell it is coming from, and I'm annoyed cause I have to pull half the front of the motor acc. off to find out what it is. My question is: Is there anything else that antifreeze is moving through on the front of the motor at WP level or below??? Sorry it's so long, I ramble.
CJ

Originally posted by Toasty@Jul 13 2006, 05:36 PM
sometimes water pumps are funny like that... sometimes will leak out of the weep hole, sometimes not.
[snapback]132140[/snapback]​

heh heh heh

beavisredux7lt.jpg

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

ok, nothing on the hood from splatter off the belts, and I was thinking the 90 as well, but the leak is coming from below the water pump. The 90 is brand new anyways (already replaced intake gaskets)
HOWEVER, it hasn't leaked a drop in the past two days, and it's bugging me. What would leave a big puddle one day, and if you looked under the car you can see it dripping off by where the engine/trans mount is, then the next two days, nothing.
I don't want to tear something apart if I don't have to, it's hot outside.
CJ

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Toasty@Jul 14 2006, 04:40 PM
i've had water pumps leak some one day, but not again for a few, then leak again.

it usually leaked the most right after i turned off the engine.
[snapback]132316[/snapback]​
Yea, I'm guessing that all it can be, I guess I'll be doing that on Sun. Oh well, at least it's a fairly simple job.
CJ

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

well, I got it all torn apart, and I now know why it wasn't leaking all over the place. Either the factory or a previous owner filled in the little hole on the bottom that the antifreeze is supposed to leak out of letting you know your waterpump is shot. It is really hard to turn, which gives me answers to other issues I was having as well, but thanks everyone for your input, now I gotta put it all back together.
CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info