ill bring the sony
[snapback]132178[/snapback]​

rapedredux8ph.gif

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Fish@Jul 13 2006, 11:35 PM
How does a GTP with rockers and ported manis beat a car with a gen 5, intercooler, headers and rockers?? I dont understand.  :confused:
[snapback]132202[/snapback]​

GEN Vs dont take the mods as well as a GEN III, but I wont loose. Dont you worry. I killed about 3-4 degrees of knock just with the IC installed. I think thats good for another 2-3 tenths off the 1/4 mile time plus when I ran at the track I was not even close to being tuned

Originally posted by Fish+Jul 13 2006, 11:35 PM-->
How does a GTP with rockers and ported manis beat a car with a gen 5, intercooler, headers and rockers?? I dont understand.  :confused:
[snapback]132202[/snapback]​
[/b]
:jerkoff:

<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@Jul 14 2006, 09:07 AM
GEN Vs dont take the mods as well as a GEN III, but I wont loose. Dont you worry. I killed about 3-4 degrees of knock just with the IC installed. I think thats good for another 2-3 tenths off the 1/4 mile time plus when I ran at the track I was not even close to being tuned
[snapback]132234[/snapback]​

Anything can happen on the street, Mike. I'd love to run you AND Shaun.
If it rains tonight i'm not going out. Whaddya say?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by SINr247@Jul 14 2006, 02:46 PM
how does a gen 5 not take mods as well...the only mods for a gen 5 are porting,maching the snout and changing a pulley.what is it that a gen 3 can do over a gen 5 mod wise.............they are the same(mod wise) except for obvious slight design changes to help flow temps.  unless your talking series 3 vs series 2
then yes your right
[snapback]132290[/snapback]​

You're both wrong! The Series 3 should be able to take mods better then the Series 2/Gen 3 with its Gen V blower, and other updates from the factory over the Series 2/Gen 3.. its the PCM that sucks the fun out of the game. :p

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Well, for one the fuel system on our car sucks IMO. 10x better on the pre 04s. WHat I mean by the GEN IIIs take the mods better is that for some reason they the they produce more power. Like Nick said a lot of it is in the PCMs. Our PCMs are a totally different animal. Lots more torque management, but no excuses

My cars still fast and I'm gonna roll right by most of you :lolsign:

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by MIKES3@Jul 14 2006, 02:06 PM
Well, for one the fuel system on our car sucks IMO. 10x better on the pre 04s. WHat I mean by the GEN IIIs take the mods better is that for some reason they the they produce more power. Like Nick said a lot of it is in the PCMs. Our PCMs are a totally different animal. Lots more torque management, but no excuses

[snapback]132294[/snapback]​

its on mike! who beat who at the track!? not to mention 1st time running haha. but yea it will be good. when my stuff goes on u better get use to seeing red silver and black bumper! :lol:

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by 1fastGTP+Jul 14 2006, 02:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@Jul 14 2006, 02:06 PM

its on mike! who beat who at the track!? not to mention 1st time running haha. but yea it will be good. when my stuff goes on u better get use to seeing red silver and black bumper! :lol:
[snapback]132297[/snapback]​
[/b]

DONT YOU WORRY. I have a surprise :ph34r: :eek:

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
My cars still fast and I'm gonna roll right by most of you
[/quote]

its on mike! who beat who at the track!? not to mention 1st time running haha. but yea it will be good. when my stuff goes on u better get use to seeing red silver and black bumper!
[snapback]132297[/snapback]​
[/quote]

DONT YOU WORRY. I have a surprise :ph34r: :eek:
[snapback]132299[/snapback]​
[/quote]

:drama: LOL u all are gonna be seeing me blowing right by u all tho with my SURPRISE I GOT COMING :ph34r:

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by SINr247@Jul 14 2006, 03:02 PM
no series 3 has been taken as far as a series 2 has so your theory is a little whacky. in theory it might be better. except for the fuel system,TB,and maf
and no seperate performance shift table,and like you said other things in the pcm
[snapback]132293[/snapback]​

I said engine.. Your right no series 3 has been taken as far because people are having one helluva time fighting the PCM. I know the fuel system is a pain in the ass as well, but that just means you upgrade it sooner. Jamhoney, Kneivel, and Charles are good examples of.. M90 modified, Turbo modified, and Turbo "stock". The only problem is that GM decided to make things more complicated by adding more "new" features, and making the coding harder to break.

Once you fight the fuel system, and the overly touchy PCM, you'll have a beast. The engine is all around better with its upgraded balancer, connecting rods, and L32 heads that flow just a smidge better then L67 heads. Plus the Gen V and its efficency, according to Zooomer is higher then a PORTED Gen 3.

Whats wrong with the MAF? people upgrade them because they are out flowing the MAF ceiling with a few mods, blame that on the Gen V and its efficency. I know the TB is electric so you cant just swap in another unit that uses a cable. I will give you that. Performance shift table is just a little neat thing to have, otherwise the PCM detects your going WOT and adjusts accordingly like every other car on the market.

Overly touchy PCM + Much more efficent blower = KR.
You just have to put more money into "flow" mods, and get a tune to get rid of the KR. Not as easy as a 97-03 car, where you can slap on a 3.4, PEMS, DP, FWI, Generic tune, and get no knock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info