3800 difference between wbs dp and zzp dp?

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Jul 12 2006, 10:18 PM
i have a bolt in for sale.  190 and its yours for the downpipe and the gaskets - WBS brand new.  Just selling it for what I bought it for off of chipmonk
[snapback]132046[/snapback]​

dammit! I'm to much of an impusle buyer I already ordered it and that local sales tax thing is going to do nothing but hurt local busineses and make people order out of state as the shipping costs less then the sales tax does.

excuse me and why are we getting taxed again for ordering something via a service the goverment doesn't control nor regulate?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
dammit! I'm to much of an impusle buyer I already ordered it and that local sales tax thing is going to do nothing but hurt local busineses and make people order out of state as the shipping costs less then the sales tax does.
Well, the tax has always been there. It really doesn't hurt any local business' as anywhere you go you have to pay sales tax. What it hurts is Ecommerce business' who have in-state customers. For this reason some online companies will incorporate their company in a state they don't think they'll get a lot of business in.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by b4black@Jul 13 2006, 08:15 AM
The ZZP DP will hit (at the flex joint) a GMPP sway bar if you have one .  Flipping the bar solves the problem.  Not a big deal, but knowing up front would have made life much easier.  I don't know about the WBS DP.
[snapback]132072[/snapback]​

what! it better not or I'm shipping this pos back that's simply unacceptable. I have a 3" dp on the car now and it doesn't hit anything the only reason I'm replacing it is because the catalyc is clogged.

I can't flip my sway bar anyways I tried installing it upside down by accident and the ends would hit the steering linkage.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Mike K@Jul 12 2006, 10:56 PM
Well, the tax has always been there. It really doesn't hurt any local business' as anywhere you go you have to pay sales tax. What it hurts is Ecommerce business' who have in-state customers. For this reason some online companies will incorporate their company in a state they don't think they'll get a lot of business in.
[snapback]132050[/snapback]​

time to relocate to alaska? :lolsign:

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Originally posted by xierxior+Jul 13 2006, 12:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-b4black
@Jul 13 2006, 08:15 AM
The ZZP DP will hit (at the flex joint) a GMPP sway bar if you have one .  Flipping the bar solves the problem.  Not a big deal, but knowing up front would have made life much easier.  I don't know about the WBS DP.
[snapback]132072[/snapback]​

what! it better not or I'm shipping this pos back that's simply unacceptable. I have a 3" dp on the car now and it doesn't hit anything the only reason I'm replacing it is because the catalyc is clogged.

I can't flip my sway bar anyways I tried installing it upside down by accident and the ends would hit the steering linkage.
[snapback]132087[/snapback]​
[/b]

Maybe the DP w/o a Cat is different. On my catted DP, the flex point is right at the sway bar. At idle, I had about a ¼" of clearance. Even with solid mounts, the motor moved enough for the flex joint to hit the bar and moke a lot of noise. If the flex joint were moved up ½", it wouldn't be a problem. It might be OK with the stock sway bar.

The ZZP DP was also about a ½" shorter than the stock DP. The cat-back exhaust sort of tugs on it, which I don't like. Zoomer said the ZZP DP was made on a jig and the problem couldn't be their DP. It's a very nice piece, but it could use a few tweaks, IMO.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
well, I got my down pipe from WBS and I had no problems at all with it.. the install at the shop tool little to no time.. and it sounds better.. when I wanted to go with zzp at first they were always out of stock.. thats the good thing about WBS... that always have something... :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info