3800 Your thoughts

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Lastnight I met someone from mchenry and he was looking at my car.. we started talking and I told him my goal by oct.. HE told me I wouldnt be able to hit 13's with all that running ported manifolds..he said I would have tons of boost stack again.. What do you think.. I guess I might need headers... im going to make a post incase you dont see this the guys can give their thoughts...

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by Xtant12@Jul 11 2006, 12:34 PM
Lastnight I met someone from mchenry and he was looking at my car.. we started talking and I told him my goal by oct.. HE told me I wouldnt be able to hit 13's with all that running ported manifolds..he said I would have tons of boost stack again..  What do you think.. I guess I might need headers... im going to make a post incase you dont see this the guys can give their thoughts...
[snapback]131875[/snapback]​

Thirteens are very easily accomplishable one PEMS, every car is different and all but I hit 13.9 on just a 3.4 with mods. Search on clubgp and you will see that some people have taken pems to low 12's (i don't recomend) but it is possible. What is your ultimate goal, that will say whether or not pems will work.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
i ran a 3.0 with my cutout open and race gas and once the motor got even a little warm i had some knock. you could probly with a ice cold engine.
i think ron ran a 3.0 on pems. tho he switched to headers shortly after IIRC
i wouldnt push it. just a run a 3.25-3.2 and add some timing(i ran 18*) that worked out alot better for me then having the 3.0 with 14*
plus with out a cam or headers you wont lose any lowend torque . making a 3.0 a bit to much off the line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info