3800 Front End CLUNK!

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
.... WELL after having my trashed lower ball joint replaced, i still had a rattle up front

meanwhile, I've still had the ticking under load from the exhaust. Today the rattling frequency increased(more often, not sound freq) then all of the sudden, the exhaust got noticeably louder, and car started running like crap, with SES light on....

im thinkin the dp let loose or a weld broke or blew a gasket... hopefully not a cracked manifold or nothin

eek!

.... goes into james dean tomorrow!

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by sr71_rgl@Jul 11 2006, 05:20 PM
check those codes.
[snapback]131912[/snapback]​

It does seem to be missing a bit...

i think i may have another problem though. the s/c tensioner seemed to be jerking/knocking a a good amount, and I could pull on the s/c belt and move the tensioner... so that may be where the clunking was coming from.... but i still have another problem with engine...

would the SES light being on and running funny cause smoke out the tail pipes?

... no it doest really smell sweet like antifreeze, but it isnt blue either... (my first thought is that it is running rich or something now, so the smoke may not be indicative of a more serious problem)

??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Toasty
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list