3800 friendly help

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
ever since my guy did the motor swop on my car and drove it when it was done he has wanted a GTP.. Well about a week or so ago he called me and his Boss sold him a SSEI... He got it for basically nothing.. Well I know he will have no problem getting it on but to run right... I was doing some reading through our old forums and I came across some new info.. well to me anyways.. I didnt know Intence Racing was one of our sponsors... I went on there page and BOOM, they have a 11 sec Impala.. si If they have a line already out then he could just get a new pcm from them... OR will he need to do a custom tune??? I keep telling him he will need a new one and he is like... I'LL be fine.. I know , he knows, he needs one.. But I might be wrong...what do you think.. School me...

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Jul 10 2006, 02:47 PM
Wait.. what are you needing to know? How he should mod his Bonne SSEI, or an Impala SS?

No matter what it is your job to keep him from getting an Intense PCM.
[snapback]131769[/snapback]​

NO.. IC.. He is going to pull it off the Bonne and put it on the Impala.. he wanted to get it done and I was wondering about the pcm.. I know the stock one in the impala is not built to handle the sc.. so I take it we should look into a DHP..

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Xtant12+Jul 10 2006, 03:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SaturdaysGS
@Jul 10 2006, 02:47 PM
Wait.. what are you needing to know? How he should mod his Bonne SSEI, or an Impala SS?

NO.. IC.. He is going to pull it off the Bonne and put it on the Impala.. he wanted to get it done and I was wondering about the pcm.. I know the stock one in the impala is not built to handle the sc.. so I take it we should look into a DHP..
[snapback]131775[/snapback]​
[/b]

Dude, your all over the place. You start talking about THe Bonnie then you talk about the Impala and its PCM. What exactly does your friend want to do? If he wants to swap PCMs it cannot be done. If he wants to do some light modding than go with the DHP 1.0 version. DO NOT get Intense. To many problems with pistons and timing.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by MIKES3+Jul 10 2006, 03:47 PM-->
Originally posted by Xtant12@Jul 10 2006, 03:43 PM

Dude, your all over the place. You start talking about THe Bonnie then you talk about the Impala and its PCM. What exactly does your friend want to do? If he wants to swap PCMs it cannot be done. If he wants to do some light modding than go with the DHP 1.0 version. DO NOT get Intense. To many problems with pistons and timing.
[snapback]131777[/snapback]​
[/b]

DAM IT MIKE.. you know this.. I told you.. O wait.. your voice mail is full..

He got a Bonn... He is going to pull off the charger and he wants to put in on the IMPALA.. but I say he needs a new pcm... thats it....

O yeah, MIKE SUCKS!!!

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Xtant12+Jul 10 2006, 04:31 PM-->
Originally posted by MIKES3@Jul 10 2006, 03:47 PM

He got a Bonn... He is going to pull off the charger and he wants to put in on the IMPALA.. but I say he needs a new pcm... thats it....

O yeah, MIKE SUCKS!!!
[snapback]131785[/snapback]​
[/b]
+

Nope, you cant do it. All the internals are different on the Impala. That motor will not hold that blower. Someone correct me if i'm wrong

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by MIKES3+Jul 10 2006, 04:35 PM-->
Originally posted by Xtant12@Jul 10 2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by MIKES3@Jul 10 2006, 03:47 PM

O yeah, MIKE SUCKS!!!
[snapback]131785[/snapback]​
+

Nope, you cant do it. All the internals are different on the Impala. That motor will not hold that blower. Someone correct me if i'm wrong
[snapback]131786[/snapback]​
[/b]

I C I C... well he was a GM mekanic ( That is wrong in sure of it.. ) for like 6 years.. I know he can build that motor up.. he wants to join our club when he is done.. He is cool for an ( And I say this lightly ) older guy.. But he will get it.. So I can see now I should show him about ZZP... After he builds the motor, Im right about the pcm.. He needs to re-program it or go to DHP ( or see Charles )...

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
tell him to pull the heads and LIM and the injectors and the wiring harness and fuel pump, then order a pcm threw DHP telling them all the mods and to adjust a 1.0 file
many have done this. l36 have 9.5 compression. with that blower you will make more power then a l67
tell him to swap the dif and dif cover also then he has a complete swap over with higher compression and 3.29 gearing....that will be very nice

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247@Jul 10 2006, 05:05 PM
tell him to pull the heads and LIM and the injectors and the wiring harness and fuel pump, then order a pcm threw DHP telling them all the mods and to adjust a 1.0 file
many have done this. l36 have 9.5 compression. with that blower you will make more power then a l67
tell him to swap the dif and dif cover also then he has a complete swap over with higher compression and 3.29 gearing....that will be very nice
[snapback]131793[/snapback]​

dam that sounds like a lot of work...

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Xtant12+Jul 10 2006, 05:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Jul 10 2006, 05:05 PM
[snapback]131793[/snapback]​

dam that sounds like a lot of work...
[snapback]131794[/snapback]​
[/b]
or spend like 1500 ot 2000 making it work on the exixting heads and blow a tranny

either or what evers cheaper...

he has the parts laying around, if that seems like to much work.....just walk away now with a nice reliable car and sell the parts and put on some spinners :eek: :D jk

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info