3800 BullS*** night

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
So i take my olds over to a buddies house cause we never had the thing timed or tuned right since we put the new motor in, we maybe put about 300 miles on the motor if that, so whatever were workin on it, and it's not goin to well and we really can't figure it out (keep in mind we spent about 10 grand on this motor for the parts and to "professionally" have it built) so anyways we messing with it for about 2 hours and its still off. So we pop off the valve covers and see that a rocker arm is just hanging there with the pushrod not attached, so we pull the poshrod and it's compltley bent, WTF. So we figure we should check the other side and sure as shit, another rocker off and another bent pushrod, thankfully we got the heads off and saw that the pushrod only put a little nick in the piston, didn't put a hole in it, so we got lucky there, and now tomorrow we gotta pop off the other head and check out the damage over there, i'm so pissed off right now, i thought it was gonne be a hour project and now it's gonna be a couple weeks ann now i gotta get new pushrods, 2 new valves, new head gaskets, new header gaskets, new intake gasket, and some new lifters cause one got compressed, i'm gonna call the guy tomorrow and bitch him out cause this is rediculous, i'm gonna get pics up as soon as my buddy emails them to me.

Jim

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jul 11 2006, 09:43 AM
What shop put it together?
[snapback]131853[/snapback]​

It was some dude that is supposed to like specialize in olds motors, it's called J&S Machines, i'm takin the whole motor back to him sunday so he can fix it for me. heres the pics by the way

615724_32_full.jpg

615724_33_full.jpg

615724_35_full.jpg

The pushrod on the left is a good normal one, now notice the difference on the other 2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info