3800 I get way farther here...

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
this is most definitely covered on the powrtuner forum. Its also in the .... manual. The manual is accessible by clicking on the help button when you start the software.

The code in question is the catalyst inefficiency code which is P0420

Also, if you are setting this code, all yo uneed to do is use the 'Read DTC' menu option and it will show you the codes you are setting with text description.

As someone else said, then just go to the diagnostic, DTC list and set p0420 to 3 which means no reporting.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Jul 6 2006, 11:57 PM
INTENSE has the market full right now.  They're producing quality stuff for the ecotecs.  They got reason to be nutswinging.
[snapback]131514[/snapback]​
As much as I have had differences with Rob Archer, I have a lot of respect for what he has done to help out Intense on this.

I'm still wondering how much business they can continue to create for this market. Looks like the SC Cobalt will go the way of the dinosaur once the turbos hit the streets. I like the SC's better, but I don't think GM thinks that way.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Jul 7 2006, 12:13 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-98GTPquickRB
@Jul 6 2006, 11:57 PM
INTENSE has the market full right now.  They're producing quality stuff for the ecotecs.  They got reason to be nutswinging.
As much as I have had differences with Rob Archer, I have a lot of respect for what he has done to help out Intense on this.

I'm still wondering how much business they can continue to create for this market. Looks like the SC Cobalt will go the way of the dinosaur once the turbos hit the streets. I like the SC's better, but I don't think GM thinks that way.
[snapback]131515[/snapback]​
[/b]

they're going to be making a production turbo cobalt?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by beyerch@Jul 6 2006, 11:17 PM
this is most definitely covered on the powrtuner forum. Its also in the .... manual.  The manual is accessible by clicking on the help button when you start the software.
[snapback]131509[/snapback]​

The only thing that comes to mind when I read that was OWNED!!!

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by beyerch@Jul 6 2006, 11:17 PM
this is most definitely covered on the powrtuner forum. Its also in the .... manual.  The manual is accessible by clicking on the help button when you start the software.

The code in question is the catalyst inefficiency code which is P0420

Also, if you are setting this code, all yo uneed to do is use the 'Read DTC' menu option and it will show you the codes you are setting with text description.

As someone else said, then just go to the diagnostic, DTC list and set p0420 to 3 which means no reporting.
[snapback]131509[/snapback]​

the thing is, I dont think something is right.. I cant find this diagnostic thing.. All I do is scan DTC and it comes up like always and thats it.. I cant do anything.. All I can do is clear.. When anyone goes to Downers Grove can you show me...

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
you have to open the pcm file and EDIT it, then flash it back. The DTC scanner is seperate from editing the file.

When you open the file, there is a treeview. One of the branches says 'Diagnostics'. Ope nthat, then there are a couple sub items. Go into the DTC one and disable the code I told you.

then save changes and flash it back.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by Kyle+Jul 7 2006, 01:47 AM-->
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jul 7 2006, 12:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-98GTPquickRB
@Jul 6 2006, 11:57 PM

[snapback]131515[/snapback]​

they're going to be making a production turbo cobalt?
[snapback]131516[/snapback]​
[/b]

supposedly in 08 or something like that?

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by beyerch@Jul 7 2006, 01:23 PM
you have to open the pcm file and EDIT it, then flash it back.  The DTC scanner is seperate from editing the file.

When you open the file, there is a treeview.  One of the branches says 'Diagnostics'.  Ope nthat, then there are a couple sub items.  Go into the DTC one and disable the code I told you.

then save changes and flash it back.
[snapback]131537[/snapback]​

YES!!! OK, now that helps.. I didnt know you have to do that in the pcm dpt.. I will try that.. Thank you Charles... :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info