3800 Lower control arm

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

In case you guys didn't see it on Club GP, I am looking to make about 10 sets.
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=31...tmode=1&smode=1

I have the cost on most of the stuff, but am still trying to get everything for less...so the price I have listed is just a ballpark. The final production units will be more expensive; this is basically cost with a little for the fabrication and shipping for the things I need to order added in.

Let me know if anyone wants in, and I'll put you on the list.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yup, it also helps lift the front a bit, so it bites better. I've noticed a nice increase in wet traction with them. Fortunately it's not harsh (the ride quality) although you really feel the shifts!

I'll post the replacement bearing too, it's a common bearing, and is not expensive.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by SINr247@Jul 6 2006, 11:06 PM
just say when, ill take em......how soon is this happening
[snapback]131505[/snapback]​
Pretty soon, I need to get a final price from Ed on the cores...and I still am trying to get a good price on ball joints so it's an option. Once that's all done, and the deposits are in I can go ahead and have the assemblies made for the new bushings, and order everything else. Typically it takes about a week to get all the materials in. From the time I order everything, the assembly and fabrication, finished LCA's should be ready 2 weeks tops.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by GTPPWR@Jul 7 2006, 01:22 AM
count me in as well. just name a price. does it come with ball joints then as well? poly bushings?.....

I'll have the GTP up sooner than I thought.

is there a weight difference between stock and these?
[snapback]131518[/snapback]​
I'm working on the ball joints. I can get them cheap, but I want MOOG or GM, so I will know soon. I definately want the BJ's on.

Weight difference, no not really. Maybe an ounce or two.

Poly, no. Poly is a bad idea on control arms. I did a lot of lurking on the g-machine sites. Poly is a unanomous no-no on these. They limit suspension travel too much. You want to have as much travel on the fronts as you can get (within keeping optimal tire contact patch). Stiffening up the back is a good idea though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info