3800 Members..

I

imported_Ron Vogel

We nearly had a really bad one happen at the lake. One of the mortor tubes was defective (one of the big $100 ones), and it shot right into the crowd missing my brother-in-law (that was holding our 2 year old in his lap) by only a few feet. I blew up right behind where everyone was sitting. They must have blown up what it takes me about 2 months to make gross. Awesome display aside from the incident.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Jul 4 2006, 07:40 PM-->
We nearly had a really bad one happen at the lake. One of the mortor tubes was defective (one of the big $100 ones), and it shot right into the crowd missing my brother-in-law (that was holding our 2 year old in his lap) by only a few feet. I blew up right behind where everyone was sitting. They must have blown up what it takes me about 2 months to make gross. Awesome display aside from the incident.
[snapback]131342[/snapback]​
[/b]

What did it blow up? Seriously that sounds like it would have been the scariest/coolest thing ever

Originally posted by Mikes1998GTP@Jul 4 2006, 08:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-98GTPquickRB
@Jul 4 2006, 06:12 PM
and remember to wrap it up
[snapback]131337[/snapback]​

yeah seriously! Nobody likes stale holiday food! :lolsign:
[snapback]131345[/snapback]​

Exactly. Although I believe some food tastes better heated up. Like baked beans. I don't know why, but I love warmed up baked beans.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

It was one of those things that go up real high and and blow up into several balls that stream sparks behind it...kind of resembles a palm tree.

It happened so fast, it was pretty cool...and everyone was yahooing about it. It's one of those things that later you realize the gravity of what could have happened.

We inspected the tube, and the whole assembly (like the others) was secured to a large piece of board for stability, but the tube seperated from the base, the firework was simply defective.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info