3800 anyone good at changing the gear ratio in pcms

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
i just changed to 3.29 gears, i have changed the gear sproket ratio and pules per revolution and lowered all the shifts 11%
except for the RPM shift points and TCC settings i cant seem to figure those out and need this done before 9am 2maro
is there anyone out there that can help me ?
will meet..
anyone?
partyhard?
ron?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by SINr247@Jun 30 2006, 07:44 PM
i just changed to 3.29 gears, i have changed the gear sproket ratio and pules per revolution and lowered all the shifts 11%
except for the RPM shift points and TCC settings i cant seem to figure those out and need this done before 9am 2maro
is there anyone out there that can help me ?
will meet..
anyone?
partyhard?
ron?
[snapback]131122[/snapback]​
i figured out the TCC stuff is there anyone that could use the DHP tire calc to help me figure out the RPM shifts using 245-50-16 tires
i can list my shift points if someone can help

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
ive got 329 gears, 329 relucter wheel, but 293 programmed into the pcm/with a mini SRC(speed recalibrater).

Question is: Can I just programm the pcm with 329 and be good to go withOUT the mini SRC? The shift points/rpms have been modified already. Will they have to be RE-modified?

I'd like to do it the "RIGHT" WAY :(

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
the mini src is useless with a PT. it does the same. but you will have to change the settings to match what the src used to say. i got mine pretty close. still a little off i think it shifts to early now....maybe i was a little conservitive. you have to use the tire calc to set shift rpms tho. the rest just lower by 11-13% in every catorgory.

you will be playing with it for a day or two
it is easier to just burn the gt tranny settings and adjust form there. they are on the pcm board
sell the src for money on somthing or to pay someone to due the changes :lol:
i stopped trusting little gizmos like that all together......they all break down over time and just leave somthing that important to chance. and there expensive

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list