3800 Airbox

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Don't take this the wrong way...but don't even bother. It's not worth the time because of the poor design of the post-filter area.

I personally would put the stock airbox in a bag, and throw it on a shelf to keep for when you move on. Make yourself an inexpensive FWI, it will work better and make more power.

I tried making the stock box work, but it couldn't even keep up when my only mods were the 3.4 and a K&N.

I

imported_Xerxeis

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jun 29 2006, 01:49 AM
Don't take this the wrong way...but don't even bother. It's not worth the time because of the poor design of the post-filter area.

I personally would put the stock airbox in a bag, and throw it on a shelf to keep for when you move on. Make yourself an inexpensive FWI, it will work better and make more power.

I tried making the stock box work, but it couldn't even keep up when my only mods were the 3.4 and a K&N.
[snapback]130961[/snapback]​

You are the master ron, and you're 100% right, but i already have a K & N drop in that i'd rather not waste it

what if i cut out the angled tube and put in a piece to deflect the airflow to the point where i'd be installing the dryer venting?

could i just use the 4in dryer venting as the tubing for a FWI, take back my drop-in (will autozone do that after it's been used for 3 weeks?) and get a 9in cone with 4in opening?

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
ya they will take it back. its oonly been 3 weeks. tell thhem you are not satisfied and it wasnt worth yur money.

but a gutted airbox does work. My friend has his gutted as do I. And you could hear a HUGE differance in his supercharger whine afterwards. s it was getting a lot more air. its pretty simple with the airbox. andthing you cant see from the outside.... get rid of. and cut your inlet hole larger too.

I

imported_Xerxeis

Yah i took the black lining out from under the hood and removed the weather striping last night...result was i could actually hear my intake sucking in air which i think was pretty cool, and removing the striping kept my car about 180 instead of the usual 190-195 it runs at

Yah, i'm gonna try to take it back and do the homemade FWI after what ron said

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list