3800 Oldsmobile rack failure...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

I have a friend at work (in Niles) with a 98’ Olds Intrigue. She says that she has no power steering when turning to the left but it works fine when turning to the right. :( This was a common issue with 97-98 Regals and their power steering rack. I was wondering if there is someone here that has diagnosed and wrestled with a W-body rack before that would like to fix this for her. She would pay but needs an estimate on cost first.

Let me know, Thanks

Don

I

imported_GraFFix

Have they checked for any recalls...the 97-98 GP's had a rack recall for the same issue. I just had mine done 6 months ago. I couldnt turn left but right was no problem...dealer fixed it for no cost.

Just a FYI...its worth at least checking into.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Already checked, there was one for that model and year but the dealership told her that either it was already done or that particular car wasn't part of the recall. I verified this info through my dealership conection back in Rockford. She's SOL through the dealership at this point.

Thanks for the input though...a beer for you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
    Participants list