3800 Window Tint Ticket

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
So i got a ticket today for my tint. if i take a picure of anothe grand prix without tint do you think i can get away with bringing that to court?. i have 35% tint, you can still see through it even during the night but i still got a ticket. oh well. so does anyone have any experience with this? ALSO he said that if i get a second tint ticket it goes against my driving record? he doesnt mean as a moving violation does he??? can any of the cops we have here help me out on this. john?

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
do it. if you get away with it awesome. If you don't what's the worse that can happen? You can't perjure yourself in court, you arent under an oath. I guess worse case they make you take the tint off and watch you do it.

Take the pics of MIKES3's car. Better yet, put your license plate on his car for the pictures while holding a picture of the newspaper from a few days before you go to court. Tell them it's off, and that you wont ever put tint on your windows again....

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Burt, you and I are on the same page with the picture thing.... heck whens your court date? we car carpool! lol

And of course it was bradley. lol the bourbonnais cops like me and i know all the kankakee cops from comming into the store. K3 county cops dont get paid enough to care about tint.

and Tony, these arent even suburb cops.... we are 30 miles south of any suburb lol they are medium size town cops that dont have a lot of crime to deal with, just tons of guys that think they are thugs...

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by alexgtp@Jun 28 2006, 12:34 PM
JUST follow the law and you wont get a ticket.

Whats the point in always driving around paranoid about getting a ticket?
[snapback]130911[/snapback]​
cause when you finaly stop people will think your a bad ass for driving around with somthing obviously illegal......duh.. :lol: ...jk

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
The {tint} laws are unreasonable. If they want to say your tint can be XX%, that is fine, but to say NO tint on the front windows is just stupid. I dont know exactly how many states share the same laws as us on this, but I would bet there aren't many.

Also, If Iwould have been speeding or driving careless I they could of threw the ticket in. Wasn't the case. Young rookie cop trying to be a hard guy...That was the sole reason for stopping me. It's only this little town, I can drive ALL over the place and never even think twice about it but as soon as I approach Bradley I put the windows down!

Drug dealers and child abduction/molestation going on and they are worried about tinted windows...

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
:rolleyes: Calm down there buddy, its tints. Its not like california where you can't mod your car at all.

And don't nock cops, you are disobeying a law (that the senate has put through, not them) and you are getting busted. Thats like a drug saying that weed is okay cause I am just smoking and not selling. Follow the law.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
There ARE stupid laws... ex. It is illegal to have sex if you are not married. actually its considered mob action because 2 or more people commiting a crime at the same time is considered mob action. SO when you have sex without being married.... you are committing two crimes!!! =/ and there are plenty of dumb laws ----> http://dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/illinois/

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Its not a dumb law, was put in place because officers where getting shot because they couldn't see into a vehicle. Of course it went to far and became no front tints at all. But even if you allowed a degree of tint someone would still abuse it.
In North Carolina we can have up to 35% all around, but no one really does. Every year you have to pay $35 to get your vehicle inspected, plus another $10 if you have tints. They check them yearly and if to dark you fail and can't drive. I plan on getting them but havn't even found a good place to put them in.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Jun 28 2006, 04:20 PM
I dont even worry about my tints at all especially in Chicago.  Unless you are a known trouble maker or drug dealer they could care less.
[snapback]130927[/snapback]​

exactly. I have 35% tint too.... you can see through it easily, EVEN at night.... SO WHATS THE PROBLEM! Liek burt said its the small town rookies with nothing better to do..... im gonna start telling my customers to deal drugs in bradley to get the cops off my back lol :-D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info