3800 tuner question

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Don't expect any quick response from DHP unless you're using the ticket system. If you didn't send your email to [email protected] it won't be responded to. Their contact information is not current on their site IIRC so this isn't reflected there. Your best bet is to contact the vendor you purchased from, in this case us, to find out what the current news is.

In this case I can say that there really is no news. :(

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Jason, Your going to have to sit down and read everything you can on this tuner. I assume you have not received your access to the website. Once you do your are going to be doing nothing but reading and taking notes. I thought the tuner was going to be fairly easy, HOLY SHIT was I wrong. Its not easy unless you know what your doing. In order to know what your doing you must READ READ READ.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by MIKES3@Jun 27 2006, 11:16 AM
Jason, Your going to have to sit down and read everything you can on this tuner. I assume you have not received your access to the website. Once you do your are going to be doing nothing but reading and taking notes. I thought the tuner was going to be fairly easy, HOLY SHIT was I wrong. Its not easy unless you know what your doing. In order to know what your doing you must READ READ READ.
[snapback]130781[/snapback]​

Guys.. I sent 3 messages.. just like it said on the sheet I got.. I gave me vin.. Email.. ect.. So what now.. I know they got them... Mike.. I did read.. I downloaded all they stuff they said I will need to run the tuner.. Thats it.. Still waiting for this " 1.5 File" so i can get farther... O and Beyerch, I was waiting 5 weeks or so for my tuner.. remember this... "lies"

Dont call me a lier againin front of 632 members...I ordered it on the 8th of May.. Recived on the 20th of june..

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
hold up

you've had everything you needed since the 20th. the 1.5 is just a starter file for those who don't want to do much to start with. you should have been able to do most of the stuff to the stock file if you've read enough.

Read webracin's guide. It's damn good, and should help you out a ton. While you're waiting for the 1.5, try and tune your LTFT's to zero around idle. I'm doing it right now, it's not fun, but something you gotta do.

Then when you get the 1.5, you know what you're doing. Reading isnt half of it. You have to do it. It's alot of excel, so I hope you know and have it. Otherwise you bought the tuner for nothing, as there's not much you can do besides mess around with the transmission, which trust me - DONT DO!! I bounced off the rev limiter today pretty hard haha, all cause of 50 rpm. Watch what you're doing.

Once you get on a roll - it's a helluva lot of fun

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Jun 27 2006, 07:46 PM
hold up

you've had everything you needed since the 20th.  the 1.5 is just a starter file for those who don't want to do much to start with.  you should have been able to do most of the stuff to the stock file if you've read enough.

Read webracin's guide.  It's damn good, and should help you out a ton.  While you're waiting for the 1.5, try and tune your LTFT's to zero around idle.  I'm doing it right now, it's not fun, but something you gotta do.

Then when you get the 1.5, you know what you're doing.  Reading isnt half of it.  You have to do it.  It's alot of excel, so I hope you know and have it.  Otherwise you bought the tuner for nothing, as there's not much you can do besides mess around with the transmission, which trust me - DONT DO!!  I bounced off the rev limiter today pretty hard haha, all cause of 50 rpm.  Watch what you're doing.

Once you get on a roll - it's a helluva lot of fun
[snapback]130842[/snapback]​

He really cant do anything until he gets full access to the forum. I dont think he has that special privelage yet. He cant get to Webracins How to work sheet as of yet

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Guys.. I have to say thanks for the help but it is to late.. As soon as I get this F&^%$#@ file Im going to my dyno guy and having him tune it.. Im VERY unhappy with the lack of replys from dhp... Thats all I have to say... I will get my car tuned one way or another... Then Im done... mike you can be faster... I'll still be louder... :)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Xtant12@Jun 28 2006, 06:23 PM
Guys.. I have to say thanks for the help but it is to late.. As soon as I get this F&^%$#@ file Im going to my dyno guy and having him tune it.. Im VERY unhappy with the lack of replys from dhp... Thats all I have to say... I will get my car tuned one way or another... Then Im done... mike you can be faster... I'll still be louder... :)
[snapback]130937[/snapback]​
i didnt have access for 4months after getting it. have some one print you out a guide. i was able to mess with small stuff. im sure some one has a file on disc
send a help desk. titled"ATTN. CHARLES B. ATTN CHARLES B."

it will probly get steves attention , thats how the few of mine that made it to charles actualy got threw

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247+Jun 28 2006, 06:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12
@Jun 28 2006, 06:23 PM
[snapback]130937[/snapback]​
i didnt have access for 4months after getting it. have some one print you out a guide. i was able to mess with small stuff. im sure some one has a file on disc
send a help desk. titled"ATTN. CHARLES B. ATTN CHARLES B."

it will probly get steves attention , thats how the few of mine that made it to charles actualy got threw
[snapback]130939[/snapback]​
[/b]

I sent another ticket to them... I did everything I did last time and It worked.. I got a email back about 10ish.. I checked it at 3:35 when i got home.. The guy was very helpful and made me feel like I was not stupid.. He apoligized for how long it took and I got my file.. Im so happy>>> What a nice guy.. See how easy that was.. In one simple email he revived all my faith in DHP... Good stuff.. just wanted to share.. :rolleyes:

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
WTF... first off i think of meself as a smart person.. I have to say I have been trying to get the DHP thing to work for 6 hrs.. HOW THE HELL DO I KNOW NO ONE WITH A TUNER... why is there no number for dhp... Everytime I download something it says I need, BOOM another dead end... 6 HOURS is fucking retarded.. If you have a tuner and remember how the hell you got it into your start menu send me a pm...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info