3800 Mario Andretti Racing School

I

imported_GraFFix

Well I finally got to use up my X-mas gift from my parents yesterday...

6 Laps at Chicagoland speedway in an Indy car at the Mario Andretti racing school. All I can say is WOW....that was freakin amazing. I went there thinking it was going to be fun but I never would of imagined how much fun it would be. I can say this that I have a new respect for those drivers. My body is definatly feeling it today, from my elbows from trying to hold my body off the side of the car in the turns to my shoulders and forearms from wrestling with the sterring wheel...lol

The first few laps It was actually a little scary in the turns...it felt like the car could just lose grip anytime and I would slide into the wall. Then i relaxed a bit remembered what the instructor told me and "trusted the car". The G's you experiance in the corners are like nothing ive felt before. the power of the car was amazing and passing cars in the staightaways was sureal. Definatly one of the funnest things ive done behind the wheel of a car.

It was a blast and im definatly going back asap.

Ohh, and I hit a top speed of 152.38mph! Which seems alot faster when your a few inches off the ground or a few feet from a wall in a staightaway. Amazing...lol im getting pumped up again just typing this. If you ever have the oppourtunity to do it definatly do it. its something you wil never forget.

Im definatly going back and next time ill get more laps so I can get my speed up even faster lol.

qualifier.jpg

This isnt me its just a pic of the car I drove for reference..ill have pics soon!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list