3800 IAC Counts...

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Jun 24 2006, 08:43 PM
My IAC counts are around 40 at idle.  What's normal?

My car has been running very very lean at idle.  I'm trying to figure out whats up.
[snapback]130508[/snapback]​

Those counts are normal. I'm pretty sure a value of 0 means a high probability of a leak. Turn up the fuel if you're using a PT or AFC.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS+Jun 27 2006, 03:27 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Jun 26 2006, 11:45 PM
Lean at idle meaning high LT fuel trims...or 02's?

If the trims are +/-5%, you're golden. If they are like 16.4%...then yes, you have a problem.

Did you de-screen the MAF?
[snapback]130728[/snapback]​

Eek! Boy do I have a problem.. :(
[snapback]130746[/snapback]​
[/b]

leak what leak? I tuned the +16 ltft's out during idle.. oops.. apparently I have one to.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
yeah....I'm pretty much locked at 16.50625% until 2550 Hz (MAF).

I did remove the screen. Is it that big of a deal? I was planning on hitting a few junkyards today to find a northstar throttle body and an LQ4 MAF if possible so I'm not worrying about the screen. Also, i don't want my screen in the car. The best was I can describe it - Throw a baseball at a screen door. The indentation caused by the baseball is roughtly the same in appearance as the indentation on my screen. It looked like while driving with the filter off, they sucked up a fricken bird.

Also, I've neglected to tune it as of late, because I plan on adding PEM's and a dp in the very near future, and I knew I'd have to tune then. Well I threw a code and learned I was lean. If it waqsn't for the code I would have had no clue. The screen has been out since the beginning of last summer, and the car had never gone this lean.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
no screen will throw the maf readings off..no straight air hitting the maf
if you go with a LQ4 then they have a screen and it will alot for tunning down the road
i would not get a used one....

important somewhat sensitve sensor might not be worth the taking the chance of going out. unless you have a way of testing it while there

they are 125 new from zzp
the TB will need the adaptor plate, after all the hassle the WBS one might be cost effective option depending on what you can get it for and what condtion they are in
new ones are shinny :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info