smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Jun 21 2006, 03:52 PM
I didn't think you needed a special tool to put it on, but you need an adapter to pull it off since you can't pull on the actual pulley.
CJ
[snapback]130192[/snapback]​
Im going to ask a dumb question, why can't you pull on the pulley?

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by 2000gpgt+Jun 21 2006, 04:22 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-PaceCarBoozer
@Jun 21 2006, 03:52 PM
I didn't think you needed a special tool to put it on, but you need an adapter to pull it off since you can't pull on the actual pulley.
CJ
[snapback]130192[/snapback]​
Im going to ask a dumb question, why can't you pull on the pulley?
[snapback]130195[/snapback]​
[/b]
Because its not a solid piece of metal, and if you pulled on the pulley, you would be putting all the pressure on the 5 little screws. Those would snap like a matchstick under that pressure.

Also, Mike, I wouldn't recommend the hammer and chisel approach, you run a risk of damaging the shaft and/or bearings.

Oh, one more thing mike, if you can heat the pulley part that goes on the shaft in the oven at about 400 for 20 min. For an added benefit, you can cool the shaft of the SC with compressed air in a can (can upside down) or a can of freon. You have to move fast, having a friend handy helps. This is basic principals of metals expanding and contracting. If you do it right, and fast enough, you may not need a puller at all.
Sorry so long,
CJ

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
i dont know if u have this done by now mike. But my puller is at kj's house if u cant find another. It wouldnt be my first choice to use but should work. The threads on the shaft are a little off but i think it owuld be ok. Id use this as a final resort. I think kj is gonna give it a try when he orders a pcm or gets a tune and gets his headers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info