3800 red line problems

Dayne

Jun 20, 2008
Originally posted by Blownbyyou@Jun 21 2006, 10:43 AM
unless you had a modified computer (dhp, zpp, overkill, intense) previousely there was no way you should have hit 125. And for the record, don't be a dumbass. Anything that fast is just ridiculous.
[snapback]130158[/snapback]​
sorry but i have bike to so i just can go fast on that but i allready have a dhp

I

imported_GraFFix

You will have to have your PCM reflashed again...it seems like the dealer flashed your PCM back to stock. so you have no more skip shift, no early fan turn on, no extra line pressure for the trans, etc etc...and most of all you have the stock limiter back on.

hope this helps...now everyone can get back to preaching how you should not drive that fast, cause we all respect and obey the posted speed limit signs. :unsure:

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by GraFFix@Jun 21 2006, 12:22 PM
You will have to have your PCM reflashed again...it seems like the dealer flashed your PCM back to stock. so you have no more skip shift, no early fan turn on, no extra line pressure for the trans, etc etc...and most of all you have the stock limiter back on.

hope this helps...now everyone can get back to preaching how you should not drive that fast, cause we all respect and obey the posted speed limit signs.  :unsure:
[snapback]130168[/snapback]​
stock goes to ~108? You don't need to go any faster than that.

you dont need to go that fast but my 01 was stock at 126...so 95 is no where near normal

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
hope this helps...now everyone can get back to preaching how you should not drive that fast, cause we all respect and obey the posted speed limit signs.  :unsure:

Not trying to be a dick to him, just letting him realize that he doesn'tneed to do 126 mph, that is way too fast. He is doing 55 in a 30 that his peragotive, but 125 is just way tooooo fast.

Dayne

Jun 20, 2008
Originally posted by Blownbyyou@Jun 21 2006, 01:04 PM

Not trying to be a dick to him, just letting him realize that he doesn'tneed to do 126 mph, that is way too fast. He is doing 55 in a 30 that his peragotive, but 125 is just way tooooo fast.
[snapback]130173[/snapback]​

well i drag race the car thats why i need to go faster the car has only been on the road for about a month when we got it like 1 year ago

Dayne

Jun 20, 2008
Originally posted by nitrous@Jun 21 2006, 05:39 PM
You still have 3rd gear? Depending on your HP and shift settings, 2.93s top out 2nd gear at about 96 or so.

Does is seem like it's bouncing off the limiter of does the car just slowly slow down?
[snapback]130209[/snapback]​

yes it does seen like that

the gm guy said something about a fuel rev sencer whatever that is

H

hubage

Dear Dayne,

Please stop raping me.

Signed,
The English Language

...but in all seriousness:

"nitrous" was asking one or the other. Does the car reach it's "top speed" and then bounce off a rev limiter, or, when you hit the top does it feel like power was cut from the motor?

Dayne

Jun 20, 2008
Originally posted by hubage@Jun 21 2006, 09:37 PM
Dear Dayne,

"nitrous" was asking one or the other.  Does the car reach it's "top speed" and then bounce off a rev limiter, or, when you hit the top does it feel like power was cut from the motor?
[snapback]130236[/snapback]​
it feels like the power is cuting off someone said today it could be a speed sencer couse it dont seem it ant kicking in to over drive but i does kick in when im going like 70 and below

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info