Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Xerxeis+Jun 18 2006, 10:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Jun 18 2006, 09:23 PM
7inch or bigger morters........dont blow off any limbs tho...no one likes to hear that
[snapback]129978[/snapback]​
X2

Morters = fun
[snapback]129984[/snapback]​
[/b]

A few friends and I have over 400$ worth of fireworks, the big box is 3ftx3ftx5ft

mortars, roman candles, rockets, M120's and more

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
my friend has 300 from his family for his grandfather's 80th birthday. His instructions....buy whatever he feels appropriate. So we're gonna drop 300+ on fireworks, on top of the buy one get one free deals, plus coupons for free after certain monetary values of the purchase.....we're gonna have a car load of fireworks. It's gonna be insane. I just wanted to know what ya'll thought. Black cats....any good? I see billboards for them all the time

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
just be careful guys, theres always quite a few folks pulled over with car loads of stuff on 80/94 around this time of year.

trust me i go to and from indiana quite a bit.

also if you can wait until a little after the fourth you can find better deals like buy one get 4 free and stuff like that.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by Kyle@Jun 18 2006, 11:28 PM
just be careful guys, theres always quite a few folks pulled over with car loads of stuff on 80/94 around this time of year.

trust me i go to and from indiana quite a bit.

also if you can wait until a little after the fourth you can find better deals like buy one get 4 free and stuff like that.
[snapback]129989[/snapback]​

the point for fireworks tho is for the 4th... unless u stock up for next year or cause mad havok to others :D

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
If they can find a reason to arrest you they can check your trunk... lol.
Just stay on I80 and you should be fine. when you leave the fireworks place, dont just right on the highway and head straight home. There may be cops around waiting for IL liscence plates. Trust me, they do it. so drive around for twenty minutes and get on at a different highway entrance just to be safe. (if you think im paranoid, think about this. undercover cop sitting near the fireworks place. They get on the radio. "A Grand Prix with lisc. plate # xxxxxxxx just left an is headin west on 80." they will find a reason to pull over. ) ive had it happen to me before but they didnt find the fireworks. AND whatever you do, dont tell the fireworks sales place your goin back to illinois lol. tell them your having a family reunion in hobart and your family wanted fireworks.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by dole21@Jun 19 2006, 11:18 AM
I was told...they can confiscate your car as well..

Not sure on the truth of that one though
[snapback]130007[/snapback]​

i'm not sure if you're but sarcastic on that. but i dont think its likley.

and yes many time i've seen cops just sitting on the road coming from kaplans doing exactly what was mentioned before.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
vehicles can be taken, but you cna get them back.......after every inch of the car is ransacked
going on like a tues or wed would be you best bet...they get new stock in the middle of the week. and less obvious fireworks trafficing.
good idea not just jumpin onto i80 right away.
o and your better off not hideing stuff all over the car...if they find one hidden spot they will have more then enough reason to tear every peice of plastic and interior to find more..........and they will ...its only fireworks, leave em in the trunk(under the spare i guess would be somthing) your not columbian drug runners. no need to remove the bumper supports for added storage- :D
good luck guys and be safe....

I buy stuff in IN all the time, however I shoot them off there.

as mentioned above, mortars are your best bet. even the smaller ones are alot of fun. Roman candles are good for the kids. I would also suggest some ground fountains. there are some that can shoot showers of colored sparks up to 15 feet in the air. Ground missles are good to. they make alot of noise :p (it is a block of about 50-200 small missles that shoot out and whistle).

As far as transport back to IL. They can and will take your car (depending on what you have and how much). Mortars are considered explosive/incindiary devices in IL and are quite illegal... esp now with all the new homeland security BS. Getting them here is not even half your problem. If you set them off in a residential area, you could get nailed then too. possesion of those types of fireworks is a felony in IL.

Have fun!!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I have lived on the border of Chicago / Indiana practically my whole life and there are a ton of fireworks shop within 2 minutes of driving from my house. In all the years Ive purchased fireworks (every year) I have NEVER seen a Chicago Police pull anyone over and search thier car for fireworks. Now that does not mean it doesnt happen im just saying its quite rare.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Originally posted by xplicitt@Jun 19 2006, 12:13 PM
Haven't been down there for fireworks in a couple of years, but the last time I was there they check EVERYONES ID and you have to sign a waiver so they know where your from regardless.
[snapback]130012[/snapback]​

he's correct

We'll I didn't go to indiana today... and I didn't help to purchase $800 worth of fireworks nor did I cart them back in the grand prix....

I also didn't feel like a fat kid at an ice-cream buffet in the fireworks store.......man I wish I would have been able to go

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
I went today lol. i was at phantom fireworks in merriville. I got some mortars, firecrackers, bottle rockets, saturn missles, waterproof firecrackers, the big bottle rockets that blow up into the colors, and m-98s. They checked my ID and everything when i walked in. They only checked the ID of the person that was buying the fireworks, and not the other person I walked in with.

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
Originally posted by UNCTYPE-S@Jun 23 2006, 09:35 AM
All you do, go buy the fireworks, drive about 10 minutes in the opposite direction of your house, turn around, head for home. That way if cops are outside the firework store, they will know you're heading into indiana with them and not back home. It's not that hard.
[snapback]130383[/snapback]​
Good thing I have IN plates!:ninja:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info