3800 so would it be a restriction at all

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
so trying to come up with what im going to do for the 97's motor setup
i was thinking my CT kit with the 67mm. A2A IC. stage 2 heads. CT stage 2 cam.
oversized radiator, EWP, custom U&L manifolds and 65lb inj.
now i also have a stage 2 zzp ic i was thinking of testing out on the car
the heat exchanger is the first one zzp put with that kit it is samll and the size of a decent size tranny cooler it wil fit perfectly above my other ic but will be blocking my radiator almost completly(tho this one is 3inchs thinner then A2A)
i was going to mount fans right on the ic to help along with a external tranny cooler with actual fittings.
would the other ic benifit me running over 23 psi or is that just over kill
i know zoom did his but that was dual induction, not the same.

any input or anyone try this
would there be any cooling issues i should address also while doing this

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Its not that it may only be a restriction, but possibly a waste of money. The A/A ICer should have similar efficiency as the W/A ICer. So if it cools your compressed turbo air to 100* (hypothetically) and you run that 100* air through the W/A ICer, the W/A ICer could heat the air up or at most cool the air only a little bit more, maybe down to 90*. This all depends on the size of the front mount A/A and how much heat soak the ZZP core gets from the engine. The reason it works well on Zooomer's setup, is because he has the M90 heating up the air and going through the W/A ICer. Since you have no M90, your air probably wont heat up enough for the W/A ICer to be very effective, and it would probably be a better idea to sell it. So then all that the ICer is doing is restricting air flow.

Mike

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I remember when I first met you at the Red Lobster mini meet - and you said all you wanted was to put on headers and an IC on your car - and break 12. Then after that, sell the car and move on to a different model.

What happened man? You've gone mod nuts ! :lolsign:

Have you broken 12's with your setup?

J.E.T.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
im more then confident of 12s with just the few things i have on the daily driver. maybe ill hit up rt 66 at some point this summer...frankly 12s just seemed to easy of a goal with all the parts....and yes this week i think i might of lost my mind........
but yeah i was going that route, ive actually changed full setups 4 times, i had all the parts and sold them before they are even put on. this game gets out of hand way to quick.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
It may be just sitting there, but you can sell it and put money towards a more effective mod. The temperature difference between the air coming out of the A/A ICer and the temp of the W/A core is not going to be very big...unless your running ice. With a small temp difference, there will be very limited cooling. Also, the ICer radiator is going to restrict air flow to your car's radiator and cause your engine to heat up more.

If you do test it, let us know the results. Good luck.

Mike

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Jun 20 2006, 06:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Jun 20 2006, 05:12 PM
I honestly think you'd be better off with a larger powerplanet then trying to go faster then 12's in a gp.

boltons will put a t/a into the 12's heads/cam will put it into 11's
[snapback]130109[/snapback]​
just a torque converter will put LS1 into 12's. Ive seen it.
[snapback]130116[/snapback]​
[/b]
well just the turbo kit with a very mild cam is running mid 11's at 121 at full weight
(minus spare tire)
and thats with the 61 trim.. the drag car already has hundreds and hundreds of pounds already removed....wait till i find my hole saw and cut-off wheels
i think high 10s after all is said and done is a realistic goal

i think for ease of install and to cure my own curiosty i will use the A2W
im going to be struggling to fit that 67t in there with the outboard maf.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info