3800 Nice Hotel and Restaurants in Chicago?

nitrous

Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Racine, WI
This Sunday is my girlfriend's and mine 5 year anniversary and we are thinking about taking the Metra from Kenosha down to Chicago on Saturday morning and spending the night. What are some of the nicer hotels and restaurants in the area? We will probaby visit a couple museums, go shopping, and go to Navy Pier.

If I get my loose stone in time, I may even be proposing. Just have to think of a special way to do it... ;)

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
I was going to say the Signature Room but Fish beat me to it. :lolsign:

It has a beautiful view that your g/f will enjoy. They have music playing, think piano. Good place to go and celebrate.

Look:

Signature Room at the 95th
875 N. Michigan Ave.
312-787-9596

A spectacular view is a given from almost any part of the Signature Room on the Hancock's 95th floor or Signature Lounge on the 96th. The two areas are separated by a central staircase in the middle of the high-ceilinged dining room; both are directly accessible via elevator. The theme throughout is elegant Art Deco, with dark wood, marble tile and accent lighting. The Signature Room is enhanced with white tablecloths, votive candles and live piano music Friday through Sunday. An impressive wine selection is showcased in a glass cabinet by the waiting area. Ascend the stairs and stroll back to the Lounge, with its incredible south and west views of the city. The island bar also features a civilized touch: raised seating on one side, with standard lounge chairs instead of bar stools, for folks who like to keep both feet on the ground even when they're 96 floors over the city. Back in the dining room, the views are primarily of the lake and of Navy Pier, in all its illuminated excess.

Hours: Dining Room Lunch: 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Mon.-Sat.;
Dining Room Dinner: 5-10 p.m., Sun. through Thurs.; 5 p.m.-11 p.m. Fri. and Sat.;
Cocktail lounge: 11 a.m.-12:30 a.m. Sun. through Thurs.; 11 a.m.-1:30 a.m. Fri. and Sat.
Sun. Brunch: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

Fax: 312-280-9448

Extras

Amenities Private event rooms on 95th floor--the Chicago, Chestnut, Lake Shore and Michigan--accommodate corporate and private functions
ATM Bank One downstairs
Av. Dinner Entree $25 and up
Bar Styles Lounge
Buffet Monday-Saturday lunch 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Sunday brunch 10 a.m.-2 p.m; Also holidays
Carry Out Yes
Catering On-premise only
Child's Menu At lunch only
Critics Choice
Cuisine Amer. Traditional
Dancing No
Delivery No
Dress Code Upscale casual in the dining room, no sandals, athletic wear or jeans at dinner; no restrictions at lunch, no tank tops for men in the lounge
Family Oriented No
Live Music Live jazz music during dinner in the dining room Friday-Sunday; in the lounge Sunday-Thursday
Meals Served Brunch ((10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday)), Lunch ((11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Mon.-Sat.)), Dinner ((begins at 5 p.m.)), Desserts
Merchandise T-shirts, denim shirts and coffee mugs adorned with the Signature Room logo
Outdoor Seating No
Parking Pay lot, Street parking difficult
Payment Method American Express, Optima, Visa, Discover, Diners Club, MasterCard, Carte Blanche
Private party room(s) Capacity: 200
Lounge can also be booked for 200 guests
Reservations Accepted? Highly recommended
Seating 350 dining room; 500 in the lounge
Smoking Smoking permitted in bar/lounge area only
Specialties Steak, seafood specialties, pastas, sandwiches, prime rib
Spirits Full bar, Large wine list
Theme Views of the skyline
Transportation CTA bus (3-King, 33-Mag Mile, 125-Water Tower Exp, 145-Wilson/Mich, 146-Marine/Mich, 151-Sheridan), Cabs plentiful
View Yes
Wheelchair Access Elevators access both floors, ramps permit access to all areas
WiFi Throughout

HTH!

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by framos242@Jun 16 2006, 09:42 AM
I was going to say the Signature Room but Fish beat me to it. :lolsign:

It has a beautiful view that your g/f will enjoy.  They have music playing, think piano.  Good place to go and celebrate.

Look:

Signature Room at the 95th
875 N. Michigan Ave.
312-787-9596

A spectacular view is a given from almost any part of the Signature Room on the Hancock's 95th floor or Signature Lounge on the 96th. The two areas are separated by a central staircase in the middle of the high-ceilinged dining room; both are directly accessible via elevator. The theme throughout is elegant Art Deco, with dark wood, marble tile and accent lighting. The Signature Room is enhanced with white tablecloths, votive candles and live piano music Friday through Sunday. An impressive wine selection is showcased in a glass cabinet by the waiting area. Ascend the stairs and stroll back to the Lounge, with its incredible south and west views of the city. The island bar also features a civilized touch: raised seating on one side, with standard lounge chairs instead of bar stools, for folks who like to keep both feet on the ground even when they're 96 floors over the city. Back in the dining room, the views are primarily of the lake and of Navy Pier, in all its illuminated excess.

Hours: Dining Room Lunch: 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Mon.-Sat.;
Dining Room Dinner: 5-10 p.m., Sun. through Thurs.; 5 p.m.-11 p.m. Fri. and Sat.;
Cocktail lounge: 11 a.m.-12:30 a.m. Sun. through Thurs.; 11 a.m.-1:30 a.m. Fri. and Sat.
Sun. Brunch: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

Fax: 312-280-9448

Extras

Amenities Private event rooms on 95th floor--the Chicago, Chestnut, Lake Shore and Michigan--accommodate corporate and private functions 
ATM Bank One downstairs 
Av. Dinner Entree $25 and up 
Bar Styles Lounge 
Buffet Monday-Saturday lunch 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Sunday brunch 10 a.m.-2 p.m; Also holidays 
Carry Out Yes 
Catering On-premise only 
Child's Menu At lunch only 
Critics Choice 
Cuisine Amer. Traditional 
Dancing No 
Delivery No 
Dress Code Upscale casual in the dining room, no sandals, athletic wear or jeans at dinner; no restrictions at lunch, no tank tops for men in the lounge 
Family Oriented No 
Live Music Live jazz music during dinner in the dining room Friday-Sunday; in the lounge Sunday-Thursday 
Meals Served Brunch ((10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday)), Lunch ((11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Mon.-Sat.)), Dinner ((begins at 5 p.m.)), Desserts 
Merchandise T-shirts, denim shirts and coffee mugs adorned with the Signature Room logo 
Outdoor Seating No 
Parking Pay lot, Street parking difficult 
Payment Method American Express, Optima, Visa, Discover, Diners Club, MasterCard, Carte Blanche 
Private party room(s) Capacity: 200
Lounge can also be booked for 200 guests 
Reservations Accepted? Highly recommended 
Seating 350 dining room; 500 in the lounge 
Smoking Smoking permitted in bar/lounge area only 
Specialties Steak, seafood specialties, pastas, sandwiches, prime rib 
Spirits Full bar, Large wine list 
Theme Views of the skyline 
Transportation CTA bus (3-King, 33-Mag Mile, 125-Water Tower Exp, 145-Wilson/Mich, 146-Marine/Mich, 151-Sheridan), Cabs plentiful 
View Yes 
Wheelchair Access Elevators access both floors, ramps permit access to all areas 
WiFi Throughout 

HTH!
[snapback]129794[/snapback]​

I've heard lots of people go to propose there.

Perhaps a walk at the Millenium Park? I work right across the street from it, nice park.

Also:
Catch 35 http://www.catch35.com/chicago-01-home.html
Wacker and State, right next to the Renaissance hotel (nice hotel)

Lots of places, it all depends on what you guys are into.

I

imported_GraFFix

Anyone ever been to Geja's cafe..If i remember its on armitage in the city. Steph and I went there for our 1 year and she liked it alot. Its a fondue resturaunt but the food is top notch, and with it being fondue you get to cook your own food, plus have time in between to talk and stuff rather then getting a big plate and just sitting there eating.
You get the appetizer which is cheese and all the normal dipping stuff. then for dinner you can pick different combos like beef, chicken, shrimp, lobster or all of them, plus the veggies and other stuff. then for desert you get a choclate fondue with fruit and cakes to dip in. plus the setting and atmosphere is really dark and romantic. Supposedly one of the to 10 romantic resturaunts in the city.
If you do go...make sure you get a Private booth. The other tables are just so crammed together. If you get a booth its like your own little private table. Ohh they also have tons of wines if your into that..

But like I said she liked it alot...its going to be hard to top that place this coming sept for our 2yr. :)

www.gejascafe.com

Rocky

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Dyer, IN
I am a big fan of The Westing on Michigan Ave. I've stayed there like 5 times. It's right on Michigan Ave, next door to the Hancok building.

I would recommend taking a horse carriage ride around the city.

And if you REALLY want to score some points and dont mind dropping some big cash on a dinner go to Spiaggia. It's an Italian spot, EXTREMELY luxurious.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by Rocky@Jun 16 2006, 04:21 PM
I am a big fan of The Westing on Michigan Ave.  I've stayed there like 5 times.  It's right on Michigan Ave, next door to the Hancok building.

And if you REALLY want to score some points and dont mind dropping some big cash on a dinner go to Spiaggia.  It's an Italian spot, EXTREMELY luxurious.
[snapback]129824[/snapback]​

x2, I forgot about the horse carriages. Very romantic at night.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS+Jun 16 2006, 04:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rocky
@Jun 16 2006, 04:21 PM
I am a big fan of The Westing on Michigan Ave.  I've stayed there like 5 times.  It's right on Michigan Ave, next door to the Hancok building.

And if you REALLY want to score some points and dont mind dropping some big cash on a dinner go to Spiaggia.  It's an Italian spot, EXTREMELY luxurious.
[snapback]129824[/snapback]​

x2, I forgot about the horse carriages. Very romantic at night.
[snapback]129831[/snapback]​
[/b]

Also X2. Plus there is a horse and carriage ride setup just kiddy corner to the Hancock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info