3800 Transmission Filter

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
How hard is the transmission filter to get to? I'm installing the shift kit tonite, and I need an idea on how hard it's gonna be for me to get to it. If there's more than just a drop of the trans pan, it might have to wait, which means i dont get around to it until much later in the week.

My trans has 86K on it, with the same filter I'm guessing :angry: . Haven't gotten around to the 75K maintainance check, and considering i bought it with 73 on it, im sure the previous owner didnt care. The filter needs changed. How do i do it?

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Jun 13 2006, 01:28 PM
How hard is the transmission filter to get to?  I'm installing the shift kit tonite, and I need an idea on how hard it's gonna be for me to get to it.  If there's more than just a drop of the trans pan, it might have to wait, which means i dont get around to it until much later in the week.

My trans has 86K on it, with the same filter I'm guessing :angry: .  Haven't gotten around to the 75K maintainance check, and considering i bought it with 73 on it, im sure the previous owner didnt care.  The filter needs changed.  How do i do it?
[snapback]129585[/snapback]​

Simply put

Step 1: Jack car up and put on stands (second part for safety)
Step 2: remove all the bolts in the trans pan (try to lower one corner the first this way the fluid will go to that side, also make sure drain pan is there because fluid will come out)
Step 3: pull trans pan out and look at the magnet to make sure there isn't too much debris
Step 4: just pull out the filter.

Originally posted by Blownbyyou@Jun 13 2006, 03:16 PM

Simply put

Step 1: Jack car up and put on stands (second part for safety)
Step 2: remove all the bolts in the trans pan (try to lower one corner the first this way the fluid will go to that side, also make sure drain pan is there because fluid will come out)
Step 3: pull trans pan out and look at the magnet to make sure there isn't too much debris
Step 4: just pull out the filter.
[snapback]129594[/snapback]​

be prepared for the ATF to come GUSHING out and make a big mess - a tip, use a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide pan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info