3800 wow dumbest thing ive done in years

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
ok so last night i passed out on my couch at 930pm waiting to go out,waste of a night o-well
the problem is i leave my hood open to let my car cool down(over heating issues)
it was open till until 2pm today
i guess it rained last night in dupage pretty well
my car is now bogging, misfiring, and the motor dies after driving it for a little bit
i blew a few maf codes, random missfires, and front o2 codes,and a few i havnt even looked up yet
so yeah everything is shorting out, or fucking up
i unplugged the maf and there was plenty of water that came out of the weather pack(alot more then i would of thought a watherpack would hold) and a bucn of other connectors had water in them
my air filter was still dripping when i first walked up to the car
our motors dont like water injection(unless there is an m90 blocking it) im figuring this out after i remove the filter and fire it up

i am now very unconvinced on the quality of a water proof connectors by gm
i know this was my rookie mistake, but how did none of my connectors block any water
i feel like i own a katrina flood car
how hard did it rain last nighy
possible de-mod now

has anyone delt with trying to dry out all there sensors

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yeah, I ate a bunch of deep dish pizza last night and passed out early too.

The GM weatherpacks can let in moisture, you need to dry them out before reconnecting everything. Otherwise they will just stay wet (they hold it in better than keeping it out) A hair dryer should help.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I have washed my engine bay a few times.. and the only thing I cover is the air filter.. after it dries.. I take the bag off the filter (if I remember) and it has no problems...

I would say, like everyone else, give it time to dry out, and it should be fine.. hopefully you didn't start it right away, when it was still soaked.. hopefully there are no lasting effects... Good luck.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
...All of the electrical connections will be fine. There are many people (myself included) that hose down their entire engine bays to clean them with no problems.

That's exactly how I wash my engine bay - at full blast with the hose, no less. I cover the coils, alt, and battery. Afterwards, pat it dry a little bit then start the car. It always starts. Leave it running for 15 min with the hood down to evaporate the water. The trick is getting that engine shine spray to 'harden' with a nice shine. Last time I sprayed that stuff, my engine bay looked like someone with a bad hair spray complex :rolleyes: . I don't know how some of the ChicagoGrandPrix people keep there engine bays shiny and clean like that. Oh, sorry to digress.

I think the engine will be fine after some drying out.

J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info