3800 I Got held up, mugged? robbed?..

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Cliffnotes: scroll to the bottom for them, I dont want to ruin the story.

Thursday night at 10:30. My girlfriend and I were at the park close by my house and we are sitting, facing eachother, talking about who knows what when I see a look of "oh man, not again" on her face (she was mugged back in November, 1 block away from her house) and feel a semi-auto dig into my kidney. Next thing I hear is "this is a motherfuckin robbery" (well, duh..).

I was hollared at to get up and so was she, when his partner went behind her and started to pat her down to see if she had anything on her (which she didnt) as I was getting yelled at to give them my money, cell phone, whatever I had in my pockets. I pull out my wallet as he's raviging his hands through my pockets and give him 30 bucks, well more like help him grab it out. The whole time he's screaming "motherfuck" this and that, while digging his piece into my back and kidney. He then yells at my g/f to give him "whatever she had" and she tells him she has "nothing", while I'm telling him to "leave her the fuck alone, and "dont put her through this situation again". While still digging in my pockets and asking me for more money he grabs, while im giving him the 4 singles in my pocket. He then grabs my car keys, as well as hers, which were both in MY pocket, but throws them on the ground and says "I dont want your car".

He continued yelling and telling his partna what to do, when I slipped my cellphone out of my pocket and hid it under my wallet which I had open in my hand while I said "thats all I've got". So having known I've got nothing left, they run off. My first instinct, and I dont know why this was, was to grab the keys off the ground, run to the car, and get in it, which I did. I yelled at my girlfriend to run to the nerighbors house who she knew to call the cops. Yes getting in the car was a ballsy (you may think stupid) move, but I did it anyways. I back up the street, while they run through the little "garden" in the park, and head them off meeting them face to face with the car. They run back towards where they came from where I again, meet them face the face with the car. This goes on 3 more times, and I only didnt mow them down (too much adrenaline had me wound up) as they were a little hard to manuever to get to. I then see one of them run into a nearby houses driveway as I fly in and give the car hell. He runs, and they run back into the garden.

I then remember I had left my wallet at the park on the ground and I flew back to where it was and got it, and got back in the car. I then turn around to go find them and a little kid that heard the commotion and came out yells "there they are, in the car!" as I see a silver 97 Olds Aurora pull away in a quick pace. I start to follow them and we get about a mile from where this went down and they had stopped driving recklessly (knew I was following them at first, but then thought they lost me) as I pull up behind them at a red light (and i'm on my cellphone talking to the 911 dispatcher) and casually tell them the license plate number of the car. I then head back to find my g/f and talk to the cops that have now arrived and gave them the whole story.

10 minutes or so later, (now its 11) we hear over the radio "yeah we just spotted the vehicle on 91st and western, heading south" they already found the registered address of the car and were waiting there, and set up other vehicles in the area (culdesac land). Then we hear, "yeah the vehicle is now on its block, and just drove past its house", and then they cut it off, and the kids got out and ran. The cops chased them down and caught them. So we spent 3 1/2 hours in the police station doing reports and talking to a Dick, and then the S/A. Oh, and I got my money back. :)

Cliffnotes: My girlfriend and I got mugged thursday night, got 34 dollars off of me, I chased them in the car, got the license plate number, and cops caught them on their way home, spent some time at 22 (Popo station), and got my 34 bucks back.

-Nick

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
respect - much respect

did the same about 6 months back, however i wasnt mugged, a navigator drove through some front yards near my gf's house. I was chasing them, but they started to go through red lights and shit. then they went through downtown naperville, and I let them go, cause i didnt want them to kill anyone trying to get away from me

good thing it was later at night, but yeah, sucks it happened

edit:Xtant, you have typo in your sig, so ya kno

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Thanks for the replies guys

Kyle - I have never thought of what I would do in that situation (Im sure most haven't either) and I am also suprised I was so proactive about it.

Ryan - she's doing fine, not shaken up, this is the second time (first time was in Nov 05) shes been mugged, and this was she said was easier because she was with someone, and not alone, and they didnt get anything from her, or to quote her "didnt throw me in the bushes". Aurora = more of a grandpa car then a Regal ;)

Mike - I really dont know why I decided to do that. I think I was so furious that it happened to my g/f who had been through this once already, and that it was in my park, by my home, that I just "lost it."

Mike K. - Haha thanks Mike, I was just wanting them to be caught, I am fed up with that happening to my g/f again, and to me, several blocks from my home. I'm glad they were caught, and my leaving my g/f to run to a neighbors wasn't invain.

The other Mike K. - I agree, Beverly is turning into a shit-hole, and fast.

I forgot to add that one of them had essentially told the cops, when they were apprehended that "we were going to walgreens for my mom, then we decided to rob some people" <-- that is quoting one of them.

I don't know as of yet if they recovered the gun, it was, ofcourse thrown somewhere, but I will find out soon, along with whats going to happen to the both of them. I know one will go to Juv-e being 17 (driver), and the other is 19, and IIRC had a record.

FWIW I now have copies of all the reports, and am reading them. My g/f is considered a witness, and I am the victim/complainant.

I

imported_GraFFix

Thats awesome..Its nice to know justice was served..kinda.

Honestly, and I dont know if this is a good thing but I seriously would of rammed their car, or tried to run them over. It may be crazy, but there is nothing worse then having something stole from you. Ive had it happen a few times before and have tried to chase down the people who did it once. Ive drove around looking for people with a crowbar on the seat next to me and in my mind ready to run them over if I found them. which in a normal state of mind I know is wrong, but when that kind of stuff happens and the adrenaline is going...I want them to pay.

Glad to see you guys werent hurt and everything worked out for the best. My luck Id run some loser over, then beat him to a pulp only to get sued later to make him rich...lol

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Glad to see that you weren't hurt. Outstanding job getting the license plate and calling the police, but I have to say it wasn't the smartest thing to do to chase them while they were on foot and armed. They could've easily fired into your car.

By the way, that driver isn't going to juvie. 17 is an adult for criminal matters.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
that is pretty crazy, if you were in the GFs car i would of been doing some off roading over some skulls, actually .......its better it teh way it did ...i know me and some others on here that would of took "screw the cops, they just stuck at gun in ribs and my girls watching" which would of meant there could of been someone watching you and report you for violant acts....glad no one was hurt(between you and your gf)

black00gt

Aug 21, 2008
Good job getting the plate and not running them over beforehand, same sort of thing just happened to my brother recently, kid held him up w/ a knife and jacked the protable cd player he had rigged in his car, he was able to find the guys called the cops, and well basically now the jag off has 6 years in statesville.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Jun 11 2006, 01:37 PM
way to go Nick!!!
F*CK thos M*THER F*CKERS!!

You would have been doing society a great favor by running those pieces of human excrement over with the Regal.
They'll hopefully spend some time behind bars and get introduced into the world of jail sex.
Wanna buy a snub-nose .44 for protection? ;)

:cheers:
[snapback]129361[/snapback]​
miek you wonder why you have state police in your rearview mirror- :eek: total jk

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Jun 11 2006, 01:37 PM
way to go Nick!!!
F*CK thos M*THER F*CKERS!!

You would have been doing society a great favor by running those pieces of human excrement over with the Regal.
They'll hopefully spend some time behind bars and get introduced into the world of jail sex.
Wanna buy a snub-nose .44 for protection? ;)

:cheers:
[snapback]129361[/snapback]​

No pistols in Chicago... Thanks Mayor Daley! :angry:
Obviously this law is keeping guns out of the hands of bad guys! Oh, whoops, I'm sorry, it's done exactly what intelligent people predicted: it's made victims out of people like our member here who follow the law and had no weapon with which to defend himself.

Sorry to thread-jack.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Glad to hear you are OK. Too bad you didnt't have Spike with you to chew their ass's. If I remember correctly, I thought your mom had mentioned your dad being a cop? Maybe thats where you picked up those abrupt thoughts on how not to panic in that situation!?

skmnL67; If "them guys" had any "balls" they would get a job and stop being thug ass bitches! No one likes a thug!

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Ten32 - (sorry I forgot your name) Thanks, I do admit that it was a stupid thing to chase them when they could have fired in the car, and I'm glad that nothing bad came of that.

Graffix - (sorry I forgot your name) I definately know how you felt, thats pretty much what I wanted was for them to pay, and I'm glad that I didnt make it a worse situation by hitting them or anything like that, but got them caught and now they will pay for it.

Bob - Her van would have taken a "off-roading" excursion better then the Regal, but thankfully I didnt put myself in that sort of situation.

Mike (Preussen) - No guns for me! Thanks though ;) lol

J.E.T. - I'd sure love to bottle up the arenaline, wow!

Brian - Thats another thing, getting a gun jabbed in my back for 34 bucks isnt something I'd ever wish on someone, it didnt phase me as much as it phased my g/f when she was mugged, the first time.

Burt/Rob - You are correct, my dad is a cop, and that quite possibly could be where I picked up "dont panic" from. Spike most likely would have chewed them good, he's a very fun loving dog, but can be protective if necessary. Did you get my e-mail? and/or PMs about him?

Thanks Dole, 200GTP, Francisco, Xtant, Smokn, Black00, and 98GTP

FWIW the court date is June 15th. Ten32, do you know if I can go even though they dont need me or my g/f?

Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Jun 12 2006, 05:05 PM
FWIW the court date is June 15th.  do you know if I can go even though they dont need me or my g/f?
[snapback]129478[/snapback]​

yes you may go - court is a public forum.
is it at Bridgeview? if so, i'll go with you.

sad but true, those crooks will likely get off with an easy sentence. 2-3 years with good behavior. (i personally feel they should be in an unmarked grave..)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info