3800 Another Movie Discussion

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
So its been a while since our past movie discussion.

http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?show...=11010&hl=movie

Fish, I have yet to see Frequency yet. It tends to be out when I go to the rental place.

But the movies I have seen lately are:

Grandma's Boy - Hit or miss jokes. Overall all I thought it was pretty funny.
X-Men 3 - Kickass movie for a guy who never read the comic. I loved it, and hope they continue with more X-men movies and not just specific character movies.
Aeon Flux - I liked the story, but hate Charlize Theron. The writing could have been better. But overall im not dissapointed with my $2.
The Da Vinci Code - Loved the movie. Its a great movie to get you thinking. Hope to read the book soon, as I have heard it is better.
Date Movie - By far the worse attempt at Comedy that I have ever seen. The only funny parts were the parts resulting in somebody getting hurt, like when the guy shot himself with the nail gun.

Ok, thats the only movies I can think of that I have seen lately. For those that went to X-men 3, wtf was with "Snakes on a Plane". Anybody else think that Samuel L. Jackson is attempting suicide?

Thats it for now. What movies have you seen lately?

Mike

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Damn. If you lived closer, Id let you borrow it. I have no idea where the hell Morton is. :lolsign:

I have not seen Grandmas boy, nor Aeon Flux, Da Vinci Code or Date Movie really. I have it, and I scanned it. Doesnt look funny at all. I have the book Da Vinci Code, just need to get some time to read it. Hear its an awsome read.

X3 I thought was the best Xmen movie IMO. I never read the comics, but I watched the cartoon. Granted the whole Phoenix thing along with alot of other elements were off from the comics and cartoon, but who cares. It was tastefully done IMO. Ended up being a great trilogy. I cannot wait for the Wolverine movie to pop up.

Snakes on a plane is actually a remake from what I heard. And yes, it looks horrible. I mean come on. The title alone. Snakes on a plane.

I really want to see the new Pirates of the Caribean. I really liked the first one and this one looks just as good. Johnny Depp cannot be matched in his role. Plus who doesnt like Legolas?? :lol:

I was never really a Superman fan, so I cant really comment on that.

We watched Derailed not too long ago. At first I was not really into the movie, but once the plot started twisting and all these corners were revealed, it turned out to be a great movie.

I cant really say Ive seen a whole lot of new movies that really hit me.

To cross over to the other thread, Crash was an excellent movie. At first I was laughing just cause I thought it was funny. Then it had to get all serious and make you believe a little girl got shot in the back and whats his name died to the rookie cop.

Fun with Dick and Jane was ok. I chuckled at a few parts.

Another interesting movie you might like is Identity. That is one of those crazy oh my god what the hell is going on movies. But its interesting.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
If you plan on watching Date Movie, then you may want to have a back up plan. I watched the whole thing, but wanted to leave after 10 minutes.

I would watch the Da Vinci Code before reading the book. I hear its not as good if you have read the book.

The Pirates of the Carribean does look really good. I want to see it and "Click" with adam sandler. That looks like it will be funny, and you cant go wrong with Christopher Walken.

Ill probably see superman, but I have never been a huge fan. The most I have ever gotten into it is with "Smallville".

I forgot Derailed. Like you said, I wasnt expecting much, but it turned out to be a really great movie. I liked it a lot and applaud Aniston for being good at something other than Comedy.

I think I have seen Identity on the shelves but never read the back. Ill have to look at it next time.

Mike

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ahh. Imagine my little dot northwest of Chicago. :D

I also forgot, Ive been seeing Disturbing Behavior on TV alot lately. I never saw it till a few weeks ago. Its not horrible. But it goes to show the guy (cyclops in Xmen) is a whiney bitch no matter the movie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list