3800 aint this some crap

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
I finished up the camaro 2 nights ago. fires perfectly on the first turn even with thet huge cam. I got a ride home from work today and I was showing him the car. I turned the key and it wouldnt fire. I had set the rockers perfectly.....but I pulled the socket out and went to loosen them up a bit....they were TIGHT. It didnt hit me..btu that was really strange. I got back in the car and it fired after the 3rd crank. then it started to miss and it shot a flame out the TB. I heard a knockn under the car. I was pissed, and feared that the engine was blown. :angry:

after 2 hours of contemplating what to do with this scrap. I decided to go out and tear it down to bare block and have the engine re-built. I had the valve covers off do to the fact that I have to heavily modify them to fit. I began taking the rockers off one by one passenger side then the drivers. when I got to cylinder number 7 (drivers rear) I noticed that my pushrod was missing. I'm like WTF. I call some friends over and we tear the intake manifold off it thinking that it fell in the valley. We look...nothing..no specs no nothing. Then it hit me. some one tampered with my car.

It didt make much sense until I remembered last night, my mom said she heard a deep rumble in front of the house around midnight. I went to the front window..the driveway light was on...but no one around. I looked at the camaro..didnt see anything out of the ordinary. We were looking all around the engine bay, under the car, in the grass nothing. then it hit me. the noise was coming from under the car when it tried to run. I had my buddy slide under the car and look at the torque converter. I dont have a plate that will fit around it..so it is open. he felt around and pulled out my missing pushrod. :eek:

Someone decided to tamper with my car last night. I have a person in mind that was not seen last night......which is wierd. I'm told from my mom it sounded like a dodge exhaust...which also helps this person being the culprit. :angry:

I kow I have some races setup..I know they dont want to see my car done. I never realized they would go so far. I am putting up cameras this weekend.

this just made me mad, I needed to vent. I should have this car back together by this weekend. just a minor setback. just erks me

I

imported_GraFFix

Your mom can tell the make of a car by its exhaust...im impressed :blink:

And im not to familiar with those motors...but, if you had the car together, valve covers on. How can someone tamper with your car to put the pushrod by the tourqe converter? :unsure:

I just dont get it.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Jun 5 2006, 11:22 PM
Wow that sucks.. people these days.

I'm a bit confused and maybe you can straighten me out. What I'm getting from the desciption is that they disassembled part of ur motor (only removed the valve cover, and the rocker arm), pulled out a pushrod, and put it in somewhere by your torque convertor, then put it back together?
[snapback]128662[/snapback]​

Uh, yea, that's how I read it too?! If that's what you're thinking Jacob, then...help us understand how a pushrod can come out of a motor and be found near the torque converter. Did Criss Angel assemble the motor? Who do you know in a Dodge that would mess with anything at your house? Further, I know your mom knows nothing about cars so how would she know what a "Dodge" sounds like?

I'm confused...

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Jun 6 2006, 01:26 PM

Uh, yea, that's how I read it too?! If that's what you're thinking Jacob, then...help us understand how a pushrod can come out of a motor and be found near the torque converter. Did Criss Angel assemble the motor? Who do you know in a Dodge that would mess with anything at your house? Further, I know your mom knows nothing about cars so how would she know what a "Dodge" sounds like?

I'm confused...
[snapback]128716[/snapback]​

LoL!! :lolsign:

i have to agree with GS, Graffix n Autoguy...

dude, there's no way someone would do something as elaborate as to remove a single pushrod to sabotage your Camaro. . . it sounds to me like you made a rookie installation mistake. Don't be offended i'm not trying to be a dick - but the story seems implausible to me..i would have thrown a handful of sand into the oil filler or something like that to F your motor up.

sorry but i call BS :bsflag:

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
valve covers were off being modified. rockers were exposed. I have the intake manifold back on with new gaskets...man I like Fel-pro. for having the engine run for so little time..those gaskets were already stuck on. oil has been changed, spark plugs have been gone through as well as my ingintion for other little things they might have done.

Ryan, parents gave me the go, so it will happen.

I have heard of worse stuff other people do. I am at a loss,why do people have to do stuff like this? does it make them feel better about themselves? to there friends?

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
Ur a fukin drama queen bro...... i personally find it hard to believe that someone would go so far out of their way to do something like this...but anything is possible, iv also seen worse be done so i wont rule it out....but maybe if ud stop pissing all these people off they wouldnt fuck with ur shit...or you for that matter.... and im not looking to get into beef with u or anything, im just stating what iv noticed... but either way good luck with the motor, and be careful.

H

HOTGTP

Originally posted by LPSPEED2@Jun 7 2006, 10:20 AM
Ur a fukin drama queen bro...... i personally find it hard to believe that someone would go so far out of their way to do something like this...but anything is possible, iv also seen worse be done so i wont rule it out....but maybe if ud stop pissing all these people off they wouldnt fuck with ur shit...or you for that matter....  and im not looking to get into beef with u or anything, im just stating what iv noticed... but either way good luck with the motor, and be careful.
[snapback]128853[/snapback]​

WOW!

But I have to agree.............

H

HOTGTP

WOW!

But I have to agree.............
[snapback]128909[/snapback]​
for someone that just joined you sure know everyone already:blink:
[snapback]128919[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I have been looking at the boards for about 6 months now and never posted......just a lurker....after the signature bs in the other thread.......I thought I would put my 2 cents in..........and start posting.

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
ya joe, good to be back... well, i guess that more people than just me were thinking that. ryan...u know i can back my shit up so dont make me kick your ass!!! lol, we gotta go out bro, diamonds tonight. but not to hijack the thread.. back to trying to catch the culprit who could have done a lot more damage than he probably thought would happen with a lil prank or sabbotage. in all honesty, if someone did do that, then let me know and il help you kick his ass, even though you dont need the help it would be fun to watch... ilgpc is my family too, family dont always get along, but when shit goes down....im down to get dirty!

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by HOTGTP@Jun 7 2006, 01:44 PM
I have been looking at the boards for about 6 months now and never posted......just a lurker....after the signature bs in the other thread.......I thought I would put my 2 cents in..........and start posting.
[snapback]128926[/snapback]​

Riiight. :lolsign:

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by LPSPEED2@Jun 7 2006, 01:55 PM
ps... im all talk, id probly just hide behind my broke ass '92 honda accord... cause my gp isnt ready yet... i think i got ryan beat on how long to get car back runing... im now at 1 year 4 months and 6 days, but who's counting right.
[snapback]128930[/snapback]​

man, your car went down the same day mine did. :blink: :blink: :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info